Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice day in the park with my Aero jacket, kids, and car...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Greetings Gents,

Met up with a buddy of mine who is a professional photographer for car magazines to do a photoshoot of my car, kids and I in my Aero leather jacket this past saturday. We're hoping that the pics will help get me a new magazine feature for my car/heart awareness efforts and if I get the feature I'll definitely be sporting the Aero jacket. :D

Enjoy the pics! It was a nice day in the park and perfect leather jacket weather.

Navin-Photoshoot111211-1.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-2.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-3.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-5.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-6.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-7.jpg

Headrest monitors come in REAL handy for the youngins to watch Sesame Street.
Navin-Photoshoot111211-8.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-9c.jpg

Navin-Photoshoot111211-9a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
Great pics Navin! ESP those last two. Looking great all around. Very nice photos.

Hey Navin;

Super pictures!

And you're looking very chipper my friend. May you keep up the good health.

Best regards, coffee

Thank you Both!! One thing I forgot to mention... did any of you notice the weird "crease" on my right (or your left) side going from the faux chest area down the jacket? Any ideas/suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying crease? It looks like my Leatherique Rejuv Oil was unsuccessful at fully getting rid of this crease.

A year back I had Aero replace the brass buttons on the chest with actual police brass buttons... could replacing/stitching the button somehow caused that crease?

The crease fully goes away when the jacket is zipped.

Hmm, didn't notice that. Try wetting it and sticking it in the dryer. I know, sounds nuts, but just keep an eye on it. I found when I did that with my HG-5, it did take out creases in the back from chairs.
Also, love the car-matching driving shoes :)

Last edited:

too much coffee

Practically Family
I didn't notice it either until you mentioned it. I can't see how relacing the buttons could do that. I've seen some heavy horse jackets with permanent creases in the chest area however; always going up and down (like yours) but can't recall any going horizontally.

Looking at the pic, is the other side developing the crease also?

Regards,
coffee
coffee

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Hi Navin!
Superlative photos as usual! :)
Is that your "New Amsterdam" police jacket? ;)

I had the same problem with a vertical crease on a leather coat (odd jacket) I own. I ended up living with that, as I wasn't sure to try some experiment, and it seemed to bother only me (all people I asked answered that "leather does that, sometimes").

Many many years ago, when I had a motorbike, I had a Indy-style jacket (can't remember the manufacturer; I didn't even know it was a Indy jacket back then...) that during a ride took a very long downpour; I tried to dry it, probably in the wrong way, and it kind of cracked and I had to get rid of it...
Anyway, this made me very cautious about trying experiments on leather jackets ;)

(but don't trust me! The guys here are all very experts on the subject and for sure will give good advice... if only I knew about the Lounge, back then!)

ciao!!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Sweet loking pictures.

A crease comes from how the jacket hangs on your body and after a while the leather will have gotten a "memory". Its gonna be i would say impossible to get it off. I have some annoying creases on some of my leather jackets and its just part of the jacket. When folding, the cells and fibers stretch and compress and this is permanent inside. Its the same as on the sleeves, look inside a deep crease and you will see small folds and stuff.

I recently bought a new pair of shoes with a toecap. When walking normally the toecap doesn't fold anything, but I had to stand in a certain position looking up under the counter to help some friends with a sound-system a week ago and this made me press very much on the shoe in a way that the toecap got creased. Just once. But after this incident, the toecap is now folding and creasing just when walking. The leather has gotten a memory of the crease and its not gonna go away.

Last edited:

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hmm, didn't notice that. Try wetting it and sticking it in the dryer. I know, sounds nuts, but just keep an eye on it. I found when I did that with my HG-5, it did take out creases in the back from chairs.
Also, love the car-matching driving shoes :)

Haha! Thanks for the compliment on my shoes. Wife bought me the matching Ferragamo driving shoes... very comfy shoes I must say! I'd be nervous to stick it in a dryer. I did however take my jacket, put a soccer ball inside the jacket to "round out" that creased area, and stuck it in the bathroom floor while I was taking a hot shower so that the moisture and heat from the steam could hopefully fix things, but that didn't work either.

I didn't notice it either until you mentioned it. I can't see how relacing the buttons could do that. I've seen some heavy horse jackets with permanent creases in the chest area however; always going up and down (like yours) but can't recall any going horizontally.

Looking at the pic, is the other side developing the crease also?

Regards,
coffee
coffee

Fortunately the other side isn't developing the crease. What annoys me about the crease is that the police button winds up getting hidden inside the crease which annoys me because I lose that "symmetry look" of having the 2 police brass buttons on the chest.

Hi Navin!
Superlative photos as usual! :)
Is that your "New Amsterdam" police jacket? ;)

I had the same problem with a vertical crease on a leather coat (odd jacket) I own. I ended up living with that, as I wasn't sure to try some experiment, and it seemed to bother only me (all people I asked answered that "leather does that, sometimes").

Many many years ago, when I had a motorbike, I had a Indy-style jacket (can't remember the manufacturer; I didn't even know it was a Indy jacket back then...) that during a ride took a very long downpour; I tried to dry it, probably in the wrong way, and it kind of cracked and I had to get rid of it...
Anyway, this made me very cautious about trying experiments on leather jackets ;)

(but don't trust me! The guys here are all very experts on the subject and for sure will give good advice... if only I knew about the Lounge, back then!)

ciao!!

Ciao my friend! Thank you for your nice message. Yes Sir... same jacket. :D
You're right... this crease is definitely more noticeable and bothersome to me. If I didn't have the brass buttons on the chest then the creases wouldn't have mattered as much but unfortunately the crease makes my brass button on my right side fold inwards while the button on my left side doesn't do that since there are no creases there.

Hi Navin,

Nice day, nice car, nice kids, nice jacket!

Thank you, my friend! Congrats on the Barnstormer jacket!! Great news!! :)

Sweet loking pictures.

A crease comes from how the jacket hangs on your body and after a while the leather will have gotten a "memory". Its gonna be i would say impossible to get it off. I have some annoying creases on some of my leather jackets and its just part of the jacket. When folding, the cells and fibers stretch and compress and this is permanent inside. Its the same as on the sleeves, look inside a deep crease and you will see small folds and stuff.

I recently bought a new pair of shoes with a toecap. When walking normally the toecap doesn't fold anything, but I had to stand in a certain position looking up under the counter to help some friends with a sound-system a week ago and this made me press very much on the shoe in a way that the toecap got creased. Just once. But after this incident, the toecap is now folding and creasing just when walking. The leather has gotten a memory of the crease and its not gonna go away.

Thanks Griff! I have a feeling, like you said that this will be permanent. Perhaps if worse comes to worse I can make additional crease(s) to help prevent my brass button from folding into the current crease... that's really what is fueling my annoyance, lol. :D

Windward

Practically Family
Hi Navin - when accelerating, the tears of emotion must drain away horizontally to your the ears - right? :car:Your jacket is unique and very cool and your kids are so cute ... stay in good health and enjoy everything you got!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hi Navin - when accelerating, the tears of emotion must drain away horizontally to your the ears - right? :car:Your jacket is unique and very cool and your kids are so cute ... stay in good health and enjoy everything you got!

Thanks Windward! Love the car smiley... very cool! :D

Yeah, who needs a car stereo. My favorite music is rolling down my windows and listening to my twin screw supercharged engine hit 0 to 60 in about 5.2 seconds (more than fast enough for my tastes). :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24