Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice hat or NICE HAT!

farnham54

A-List Customer
Ahoy ladies and gents,

I have a question for all the folk here to chime in. I'm a big hat fan, and I've bought some nice ones (I'm fortunate to have the Biltmore factory right here in Guelph, and the outlet store often has 400 dollar hats for about 50 bucks!)

Now, there are 'nice hats'--they have good felt, they are well made, etc.

Then there are "NICE HATS!"--they FIT the person perfectly.

What are some suggestions/ideas for a NICE HAT--As in, are there any belt-match-the-shoes, big-people-avoid-horizontal-stripes type rules when choosing a hat? Any ratios a man should keep in mind?

I ask because almost all of the hats I own just don't quite get it 'right'--Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Craig

Spellflower

Practically Family
I think it just takes trying on and wearing a lot of different hats. Try a lot of different colors and styles until you find the one that really resonates for you. Even then, you might keep looking. That's the nice thing about hats- you can always take off your old one and stick it on the shelf when you find one you like better. If it turns out your old one is really tops, you can just switch them out again. If only relationships were so simple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot