Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nomex Flyer jacket

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I purchased a 'snide' (knock off) CWU jacket which arrived in the post yesterday. I needed a cheap warm coat for working on the car & painting the outside of the house. Warm but flimsy it fitted the bill. :)

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I have a 36/p made by Isratex which is suspiciously not Nomex, although it says 100% polyamide on the tag.

I like this strange jacket as it is much more comfortable when compared to my other two real deals as the fabric is a lot softer and the cutting closer to a modern slimmer bomber jacket.

calderoni

New in Town
But the brands are different but (isratex a part) the materials and fit are pretty much the same right( excluding the Valley that is short)?

Justhandguns

Practically Family
But the brands are different but (isratex a part) the materials and fit are pretty much the same right( excluding the Valley that is short)?

It varies quite a bit, since 45/p and 36/p have been around for so many years, there are quite a bit of variations, besides from the bi-swing back, the length of the jackets do vary, the zippers also vary quite a bit.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gibraltar is my favourite contract in sage thus far, quite a roomy fit, not too shiny & long enough (I'm 5.10 & 46" chest) to work with jeans or chinos. My Propper is quite generous in chest & shoulders but quite short. Valley: great quality but too small to work for me. :cool:

calderoni

New in Town
Guys i have a question for you:
Where can i buy legit patches for these jackets?
Any cheap legit ebay seller?
Thx

Deacon211

One Too Many
What patches are you looking for? USAF, USN, USMC. There are a couple of common vendors like Wings and Things in Pensacola for Navy/Marines. I'm sure there's an AF equivalent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner