Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ: I love the Granite VS fedora I have. I have a version in beaver. Excellent felt. I love the versatility of the granite. It does have brown and even some red tones to the gray. To e it means I can wear it when I need gray with color, or to coordinate with brown/grey or even a blue blazer. It works like a charm. If it helps below are a couple of pics of the light weight granite beaver felt (albeit a VS offering):

i-KDqspSV-M.jpg

i-C7S3KzC-M.jpg

i-xBcHsjq-M.jpg

i-vk927PH-M.jpg

i-KG4kKvf-L.jpg

Above from front to back is dove, silverbelly and granite beaver felt.

I hope the above assists. The granite color is a favorite of mine. My wife approves of it!

Best, Eric -
Thanks Eric. It looks great. I'm really liking the Granite.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I totally agree with Eric. I have one of Mike's granite grays in Beaver and it seems to go with most anything. I got it to go with brown and khaki but have since found that I needn't confine it to just that.

My new hat just arrived! I wanted a 1940's clone with a 2-5/8" brim bound edge, 1-3/4" ribbon & I chose Granite Gray beaver. With the diamond bash the crown crests at 5-1/2" on the sides.

p7j1v.jpg

s1u7v4.jpg

23m0h9s.jpg

33osis3.jpg

15g6lhe.jpg

I ordered the antique brown sweat with his cream colored liner:

sqtg95.jpg

So much has been discussed & asked about granite gray, so I took this shot in the natural light of my office with two of my other hats for comparison. On the left is a Portis in gray with definite brown undertones in some light. On the right is a Cavanagh in Olive. I hope this defines the color a bit. All 3 colors are pretty true & accurate in this pic; if anything the Cavanagh might show a little too much green. I believe granite gray is in between the two colors in this lighting.

281zbx3.jpg

This is a very nice hat, and I will be most happy with it!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goodness Hurricane, that's is spectacular. I love Mike's ribbon work.

Bama, I'm right there with you. I want to put in an order pretty bad....

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
HJ; That is a GREAT fedora! I love the proportions and details. A modern hat that emulates vintage hats by taking the best of them and dapping the best of modern options. Felt, ribbon work, leather work, and flange work are dynamite.

Wear that hat in pride sir!

Eric -

RJR

My new hat just arrived! I wanted a 1940's clone with a 2-5/8" brim bound edge, 1-3/4" ribbon & I chose Granite Gray beaver. With the diamond bash the crown crests at 5-1/2" on the sides.

p7j1v.jpg

s1u7v4.jpg

23m0h9s.jpg

33osis3.jpg

15g6lhe.jpg

I ordered the antique brown sweat with his cream colored liner:

sqtg95.jpg

So much has been discussed & asked about granite gray, so I took this shot in the natural light of my office with two of my other hats for comparison. On the left is a Portis in gray with definite brown undertones in some light. On the right is a Cavanagh in Olive. I hope this defines the color a bit. All 3 colors are pretty true & accurate in this pic; if anything the Cavanagh might show a little too much green. I believe granite gray is in between the two colors in this lighting.

281zbx3.jpg

This is a very nice hat, and I will be most happy with it!
That is a great hat.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
WOW ! Thats strange ! I (coming from Pecanland) was on the Pecan Beaver Custom in my thinking . I thought nobody had Pecan on the brain , but me . Good to know I'm not alone . Nice Color !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran