Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

quikrick

One Too Many
WRkHNre.jpg
1b1Ujy5.jpg
Gvn91Bp.jpg

Just arrived yesterday and I can't get enough! Northwest Hats Beaver western weight. The color is Bone with a Copper band. Open crown that is intended to stay open. Mike was a pleasure to work with. I'm already planning my next one.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Post the specs on that one, Rick. I love that look. Congrats, my friend, hard to beat a Northwest hat.

WRkHNre.jpg
1b1Ujy5.jpg
Gvn91Bp.jpg

Just arrived yesterday and I can't get enough! Northwest Hats Beaver western weight. The color is Bone with a Copper band. Open crown that is intended to stay open. Mike was a pleasure to work with. I'm already planning my next one.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WRkHNre.jpg
1b1Ujy5.jpg
Gvn91Bp.jpg

I would have never thought of that shaped crown and brim. Love it. Be warned - it may be copied.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
WRkHNre.jpg
1b1Ujy5.jpg
Gvn91Bp.jpg

Just sweet. The open crown is very distinctive and I think very clever. The bone felt looks very thin and light. Bone is a felt hue that is not shown or worn enough. I findit really easy to wear. The copper ribbon is just perfect.

Randy, congrats on the new hat. You wear it well and it really is eye catching.

Cheers Eric -

I sent Mike a photo of the hat I wanted and he nailed it. I also asked if there was a way that the Winchester western felt could be made less stiff and more vintage-like. He removed the stiffeners from the crown and then added stiffeners to get it where he thought it should be. The brim was left firm and supports the curl well. Mike calls this his full curl rather than the half like on the Riley he made me last year. The brim is 3 1/2” before the curl and the crown is 5 1/8” as creased. The crown won’t be mistaken for a pure beaver vintage felt, but it’s sooo much softer than any other Winchester western felt I’ve handled. The hand is outstanding too.

F3F6F105-F1D3-46FB-8059-C9E1E2406F83.jpeg
32FFABE3-31A4-443B-8B55-9826ED6E44CE.jpeg
DBDFFB4A-23B7-41F6-AC5F-7A7465B7639A.jpeg
A5D4A489-1725-49A0-92EE-7FC6FE203F3D.jpeg
3E70E279-576A-4CE9-AAD9-8CF81C010BDA.jpeg
B0C9E1CB-D0D2-425B-ADB6-B1448C7628B0.jpeg
03C6E24E-08CC-49DA-904B-B7A1B148EA6D.jpeg
833622D5-0328-4229-B2B6-D68B69496902.jpeg

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I sent Mike a photo of the hat I wanted and he nailed it. I also asked if there was a way that the Winchester western felt could be made less stiff and more vintage-like. He removed the stiffeners from the crown and then added stiffeners to get it where he thought it should be. The brim was left firm and supports the curl well. Mike calls this his full curl rather than the half like on the Riley he made me last year. The brim is 3 1/2” before the curl and the crown is 5 1/8” as creased. The crown won’t be mistaken for a pure beaver vintage felt, but it’s sooo much softer than any other Winchester western felt I’ve handled. The hand is outstanding too.

View attachment 389530 View attachment 389531 View attachment 389532 View attachment 389533 View attachment 389534 View attachment 389535 View attachment 389536 View attachment 389537
Great hat Brent! I love the specs and color on that hat. Mike is a very accomplished hat maker and he loves talking hats and hat making. I am sure it will serve you well.

Great hat Brent! I love the specs and color on that hat. Mike is a very accomplished hat maker and he loves talking hats and hat making. I am sure it will serve you well.

Thanks, Kevin. It’s always a pleasure working with Mike. He excels at taking photos or concepts and making them a reality. He has the ability to do things that other hatters don’t.

View attachment 389530 View attachment 389531 View attachment 389532 View attachment 389533 View attachment 389534 View attachment 389535 View attachment 389536 View attachment 389537
That is a beauty....love the brim curl he put on it. Mike is the master of replicating whatever you throw at him.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Mike is a master at taking a picture or concept and making it reality. That size, shape, and color suits you well, Brent. Enjoy.

Scooterz

Practically Family

View attachment 389530 View attachment 389531 View attachment 389532 View attachment 389533
View attachment 389534 View attachment 389535 View attachment 389536 View attachment 389537

Great hat. Really like that curl.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

You just can’t go wrong with Mike Miller.

Mark Elliott

New in Town
Hey Mike. I'll jump into this thread. Here's a pgh I have on Northwest Hats for my hat book. "Hatter Mike Miller makes a highly regarded Indy fedora … but so much more. A self-taught hatter with an obsession for quality and detail, Miller began re-engineering hats years ago, and finally set up a downtown storefront in 2015. Now, he works a six-day week to handle fedora, Western, and Panama orders from around the world. His rabbit felt fedoras start at $275; beaver felt starts at $375; Westerns range from $285 to $425. Clients undecided about what color felt to choose will appreciate Mike’s website; it includes an entire page of felt swatches. His hats always get kudos from The Fedora Lounge community."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff