Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not your run of the mill black fedora

Fedora

Vendor
I thought this was certainly different with the contrasting ribbon, two toned ribbon. Black pure beaver, with serpent and black ribbon.

blackhatside.jpg

blackhat.jpg

All it is one of my Indy fedoras with different and wider ribbon.

Now, was this sort of fedora common back when fedoras were "in style"? I know the color assortment back then was really a large one, but did they do this to the ribbons as well? Fedora

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a particularly fine combination.
Thanks for showing it.

It does look like a deep blue in the picture.
And did you consider a brim binding of the same
color as the ribbon?

analogist

One of the Regulars
INDY JONES MEETS GQ

Steve;

I feel fortunate to be the owner-designate of this hat. It was a great pleasure working out the color combinations with you, and I really look forward to getting the package.

Color combinations are my favorite part of comissioning a custom built hat and I hope Steve posts our next project. I would love to post some of my hats and wish somebody would tellme how.

My only concern is that there is a bottle of odor neutralizer in the background of the first photo. I hope this is not a reflection of your opinion of my taste in custom hat colors.

Thanks again for your indulgence and I will post my impressions of the actual hat when I receive it.

analogist

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Analogist ,you have grown some hair since I've seen you !! Nice picture . I've got to figure out how to put up a picture of my ugly self.

Steven

Fedora

Vendor
I too think brim binding in that same color would look fabulous.

Yes, I agree. Brim binding would really set this hat off. Trouble is, I don't do brim bindings. :eusa_doh: Not that I could not do them, but I am just a purveyor of Indy fedoras. And, I have hard time keeping up with just this Indy business. But, if a guy wants an Indy fedora with different ribbon, that is no extra trouble and time. I always send the brim binding requests to my buddy Art as Art specializes in these vintagesque hats.(and does them much better than me) And western requests are sent to John. I generally only make hats that I like!!!lol My other favorite fedora is the sort that Bogey wore in many of his films, like The Maltese Falcon. He seemed to like that one style you see him wearing, and so do I.

Thanks for the kind words. This is just so different from my usual hats that I had to post a pic of it. I don't do many non brown hats and it is nice to look at a different color from my perspective. Fedora

Fedora

Vendor
My only concern is that there is a bottle of odor neutralizer in the background of the first photo. I hope this is not a reflection of your opinion of my taste in custom hat colors.

lol Not to worry, those just make fine atomizer bottles for water repellant treatment that I buy by the gallon jug. They work better than the ones you get with the gallon jug of B and L treatment. :) Great dispensers as well for the 151 proof alcohol used to singe some raw bodies. (my shot glass is not shown);) The usual techniques involves, a fine misting of the body, followed by a quick shot by the hatter, then both the hat body and I get lit. lol But, since I only make one hat per day...........you don't have to worry about the hatter getting intoxicated. lol Fedora

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart