Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nothing but Seamed Stockings

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Non-vintage stockings with colored seams are easy to find in ebay shops. I have seen black with red, white with red, red with black, black with pink.....Even more unusual, I have also found new colored stockings with black seams! (Green, aqua, orange....) I won`t post the links, though, as all the merchandise in this stores are not as ladylike. (It`s annoying how many unwanted images a search on "seamed stockings" can find.)

I have also seen some pretty unusual vintage stockings, right now I`m drooling over a pair of dark brown stockings with a orange flamingo embroidered at the ankle!

By the way, (and maybe off topic): I`m a sucker for lovely, natural, luxurios materials in clothing, so I want to by a pair of real silk vintage stockings. Have anybody any experiences with them? Are they durable? Are they as lovely to wear as I imagine?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just sold a large amount of 1920's stockings with the original boxes a few months ago. I don't remember any of them having cuban heels.

If I can find pics I will post, but I think I already deleted them.

I do have one pair I kept for myself, but they are pretty boring...let me know if you want pics of the pair I still have.

Vintage Betty

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Helen Troy said:
I have also seen some pretty unusual vintage stockings, right now I`m drooling over a pair of dark brown stockings with a orange flamingo embroidered at the ankle!

where did you find this particular pair?

kitty

Miss Sis

One Too Many
They aren't vintage, but Jonathan Aston in the UK make seamed stockings and pantyhose with red or black seams on nude. They also do black seamed and nude seamed ones. They aren't properly fully fashioned but they still look quite good and aren't too expensive. Last well too.

They are sold at John Lewis in Oxford Street in London.

Just checked: lots of sites selling them, just Google Jonathan Aston and you'll find them.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Polka Dot said:
Beige on beige can be a very nice look. But can I just mention how lucky you are to have a shop nearby that carries both contrast and non-contrast seamed stockings? :eusa_clap

thats what I am saying.. I live in portland, and I have not found them yet...
well at least not a place that regularly has them.. there is a lady who gets a few pairs of vintage seamless...
but never any with seams..
:(

i digress.
but at least i have the internet :) :)

Quelquefois

New in Town
Seamed Stockings Galore!

I don't know if anyone's posted. But, I just found a good deal of seamed stockings in The Stocking Store.

You just have to take a look around because not all of them are under the seamed stockings category, some are also under Dance and Theatrical.

Enjoy!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
**merged threads**

We had 5 threads on seamed stockings? :eusa_doh: I merged all the relevant ones. Enjoy.

This is how much down time I have at work lol

LD

missjo

Practically Family
stockings, aargh!
I spend most of last night darning my cotton-ish thick seamed brown stockings!
My vingers still hurt, but hey, theres a war going on, mend and make do and all that!

a new pair for me!

and glamorous even! yay!

I feel like Betty Grable - can't wait til they get here!

RhinestoneStockings.jpg

little black flocked flowers with rhinestones in the centers...

Amelie

A-List Customer
Those are incredible pieces!

But I woudnt dare to buy some, I would ruin them in less than a day. I've done this with my perfect Chantal Thomass ones last year (not the ones she makes for Victoria Secrets, the regular line), I was so sad :( I mean I cant stand the idea of ruining so fast and easily this amount of money :(

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hamilton_Honey said:
and glamorous even! yay!

I feel like Betty Grable - can't wait til they get here!

RhinestoneStockings.jpg

little black flocked flowers with rhinestones in the centers...

i love flocked and fancy heeled stockings. i have a pair (and just sold an identical pair on ebay) with lovely green bows at the ankle:

0f98_1.JPG

i also have a pair with some fun brown flocking on the feet and ankles:

8073_1_b.JPG

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
So I've decided I'm going to search out true vintage stockings. I got 2 pairs on Ebay the other week. Brand new still in the box. They are great. I don't know what denier they are. One pair is french. So my question, anyone know what a "good denier" is? Like should I pick a 15 over a 30 when searching? Any help would be appreciated. I do buy what I like no matter what but having some history and fact goes along way with me! THANKS!!!!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24