Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Notions about fit

barnabus

Practically Family
By way of whatever, here's a photo I took just now when I got in from a no-reason-but-the-sun's-shining ride.

This is my all season armoured riding jacket, from Merlin in oxblood cow. I bought it in a 40 to give me layering room on my 39" chest measurement. I always used to think I should have got a 38 because this felt a bit too roomy.

But here it is over just a t shirt, and as I posted earlier, lately I'm more concerned with just being comfortable.

And in spite of everything, I don't even think it looks like a generous fit. I think it looks like it fits just right. And it's not the jacket that's changed, it's my relaxing view on how a range of fits can still all fit.

IMG_20220508_164525580~2.jpg

MrProper

Call Me a Cab
By way of whatever, here's a photo I took just now when I got in from a no-reason-but-the-sun's-shining ride.

This is my all season armoured riding jacket, from Merlin in oxblood cow. I bought it in a 40 to give me layering room on my 39" chest measurement. I always used to think I should have got a 38 because this felt a bit too roomy.

But here it is over just a t shirt, and as I posted earlier, lately I'm more concerned with just being comfortable.

And in spite of everything, I don't even think it looks like a generous fit. I think it looks like it fits just right. And it's not the jacket that's changed, it's my relaxing view on how a range of fits can still all fit.

View attachment 424200
Looks good. As if it should be like that ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
All are pretty good, but as far as sleeve length goes I think the second two have better sleeve length. I'm not one for having my sleeves piling up but they need to land below the wrist bone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Se7enand7