Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now here's a jacket!

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
The jacket is italian and it's made in the Arzignano area, where they have a lot of tanneries and most of the horsehide comes today but...I think in Italy that jacket wouldn't be sold for more than 500 euros. If you're interested on the label there's the interet address of the society which distributes these jackets.

Tony B

One of the Regulars
I'll see your two and a half and raise you sixhttp://http://www.ebay.com/itm/YVES-SAINT-LAURENT-YSL-LEOPARD-PONY-SKIN-LEATHER-BIKER-JACKET-SS2012-48IT-38US-/120807522340?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item1c20b08024

On that link you posted just click coats and jackets along the top and adjust to most expensive first......apart from the prices there is nothing there I would want if it was given to me for nothing.

I saw that Dsquared jacket a few weeks ago when Will at aero told me to have a look for that compny if I wanted a laugh about prices, the thing I was wondering was what civil war inspired it, it looks like what we would call battledress or what you lot would call an Ike jacket either way it looks like nothing from the ACW that I am aware of.

When Ike got home after sorting us lot out over here did he start some sort of civil war that has thus far remained unreprorted in the european press?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The seller's rating is 97.4%, considerably less than the 99% that I find to be minimally acceptable. He has only two negative feedback but they are both legitimate complaints, as far as I can see. One buyer said the pictures didn't match the item, and the other said that there were bleach spots on the back of the garment, rendering it garbage. Seller replied that buyer tried to force a return with negative feedback. All this leads me to believe that the seller didn't show or mention the bleach spots, and with a no-return policy, if you buy you're stuck.

So, it seems this seller, for the most part, is on the level, but if he comes across something that needs to be lied about to sell (and omission is lying), he has no qualms in doing so. I'd avoid him like the plague.

Last edited:

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
At that crazy price, it would have to be actual Civil War era. I suppose someone must be prepared to pay that amount if that is what its being sold for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou