Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback, we headed north for our move this time, so nowhere near the airport. The city we're now in seems to take good care of the roads - no potholes, and quite a few newly paved areas.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lincsong said:
I always get a kick of the nuts who tell their neighbor in the fall; "oh they wind is blowing the leaves from your tree into my yard" What the hell do they expect the guy to do??? Talk to the tree and ask it not to go through it's seasons???? Why don't they talk to the birds about flying over the yard and messing????

I think I'd tell them, "Yes, you're right. Apparently God wants your yard covered in leaves. It's God's will. To clean it up would be sacriledge."

Foofoogal

Banned
Babydoll, so happy for you. Sometimes it takes sacrifice to get out. Years ago we stayed in an area too long due to taking care of elderly parents. Long story but we basically dumped our life on the ground and left the area. Best thing we ever did for us and our children.
Material goods can be recouped. Your lives cannot.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Roger said:
Well, I'm living in this corporate owned home here in California for a while. One neighbor is a real jerk. A couple branches from a tree grew over the fence and was 10 feet above the ground. So he cut it back to the fence, fine with me, but instead of disposing of the branches himself the moron threw them over into my yard. I came home from work, saw what he did and threw them right back over the fence. "Al" comes out in his too small sweats and tells me that he didn't want it growing into his yard and since it was my tree I should get rid of it. So I told him that "you cut it, you dispose of it. If you do that again it will be you who will be thrown over the fence". Was I being too diplomatic?:D

Inform him that when a company come to prune trees they are required to take the trimmings with them, not leave them in the home owners yard.

If he replies that he is not a pruning company then inform him that he can be sued for pruning without a license and without the home owners consent. It was determined in courts that where the tree meets the ground is the owner of the tree (meaning your side of the fence) and all limbs, branches and other are the sole property of the owner. Anyone found cutting or altering the tree in any way can have charges of property damage against them if the owner sees fit.

Spearmint

New in Town
The accross the street neighbours sons aged 21 and 16 will dress up as Vader and Skywalker and have lightsaber battles in the front yard...wait thats not bad that is normal, my history teacher gave a friend and I lightsabers as gifts for being his aides for the year so naturally when we left school we had a battle in the parking lot. Maybe I will join the boys next time....

But the new neighbours are the worse creatures I know, after we learned that Bernie was moving a fence went up, they have broken a chunk off the fence and will not admit it, we have a hot tub in the corner of the property, the two eldest kids will stare from thier bedroom window and stare and yell hi, also they do that when we are the deck. Constant parties, and parties mean the one time a month they clean the yard of dog mess, mow it and proceed to weed wack for two hours. The father is twice as loud as his three under 10 kids and the dog. The quiet ones are the wife who I have yet to see and the dog. We have to keep the windows and door shut to keep the dogs quiet and hardly go outside anymore. Four of their neighbours counting us have called Bernie to let him know he needs to come look at his house before it is burned.

When I was a baby we lived in a four apartment block over a grocers, the two upstairs neighbours were good friends. But the guy next door was a crack dealer.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
One day my then wife and I came to find a couple of Kevlar Vested Officers in my house. OK ......... My Brother and Son were sitting on the sofa scared.
An Officer came up to me and said "Hey how's it going ! Where's your phone ?" I replied " Yeah it over there What's up ?" "Oh were raiding your neighbors house". I look out in my backyard 2 officers guns drawn are looking over the fence. It seems they were pulling survelliance on my neighbors for months. Neat. Seems my neighbors were trafficking Tar Heroin from South of the Border. They used my house as a Blocking force to prevent the neighbors from jumping the fence. Scary thing is I let my kid play with theirs as they were nice people albiet suspicious of us. I thought it was a language barrier thing. They were nice and quiet but so was Jeffery Dahmer .........

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Honda Enoch said:
It was determined in courts that where the tree meets the ground is the owner of the tree (meaning your side of the fence) and all limbs, branches and other are the sole property of the owner. Anyone found cutting or altering the tree in any way can have charges of property damage against them if the owner sees fit.

Actually, that's not correct. As others have said, courts and civil codes say you can cut any branches of others' trees that cross your property line, but if your cutting leads to the death of the tree or shrub, you're responsible for replacing or compensating the owner.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
As I understand it, you're also entitled to any fruit on your side of the fence. The owner of the tree would have to ask permission or trespass to pick the fruit.

Story

I'll Lock Up
DutchIndo said:
They were nice and quiet but so was Jeffery Dahmer .........

Minister: He was a loner, and a quiet young man. He attended church, and Sunday School. I remember he was always very polite.

Ted Koppel: Do you believe he killed Buckwheat?

Minister: Oh, yes. Definitely. That’s all he talked about.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Story said:
Minister: He was a loner, and a quiet young man. He attended church, and Sunday School. I remember he was always very polite.

Ted Koppel: Do you believe he killed Buckwheat?

Minister: Oh, yes. Definitely. That’s all he talked about.
I thought "Buck Wheat" got shot ! I remember seeing it on "Saturday Night Live". They even showed it in graphic slow motion ....

Jerekson

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
I wouldn't consider this a nut, but interesting....when I was 11 my Grandmother's neighbor was a model and she used to walk around her backyard naked.;)

Interesting indeed for an 11 year-old in particular, I'm sure.

lol

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
This morning at the dog park, someone had a petition to have another dog park built where the homeowners around it didn't want one. "They live in this bubble and they don't want it disturbed," she said self-righteously. "We have to go out-of-district to go to a dog park." So, their convenience should trump homeowners' enjoyment of their property. I think I was the only one who wouldn't sign the petition. Do people even think about what they're signing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo