Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC - Best leather jacket shops?

Jejupe

Practically Family
Question to those of you familiar with New York City: Which leather jacket shops should I visit in NYC?

I am travelling today to NYC and I thought It would be great to bring back home a nice leather jacket as a souvenir.

I am staying in Manhattan and I already spotted Schott flagship store 3 miles from my hotel. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I recommend Blue in Green, 8 Greene St, New York, NY 10013, USA. It does top end Japanese denim in the main but also bit of leather. Brace yourself for the prices, but definitely worth a look.
Also the Ralph Lauren on Madison Avenue. Again, amazing vintage leather stuff, but the prices... (867 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA)

Self Edge and Epaulet are located in the Lower East side on Orchard Street. There used to be a great vintage place next to RRL on West Broadway in Soho. If you want a leather bag, go to the Village Tannery on Bleeker!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I dropped in on the Schott store last summer and was underwhelmed. Yeah, there's a bunch of their jacket models - by no means all! - to try on, but the young people manning the store didn't have a fraction of the knowledge of the folks here.

I think Himel has jackets at "the space" in Bklyn. Union Garage has some Vanson and even Lost Worlds models if I'm not mistaken.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Thank you all for your replys so far. Some useful tips there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Self Edge and Epaulet are located in the Lower East side on Orchard Street. There used to be a great vintage place next to RRL on West Broadway in Soho. If you want a leather bag, go to the Village Tannery on Bleeker!

I'm under the impression that the Orchard Street Epaulet closed and the Brooklyn store is the only store now. I could be wrong.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I bought my first Schott 644 in Kaufman's army and navy.
Great store, i didn't know if i was a size 42 or 44 and they ordered both so i could try them on. Had them hand delivered by someone from the Schott factory 2 hours after i inquired! The owner is a very friendly guy.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I just came back from Schott store. I went there with intention of buying MAYBE one jacket. It turned out that size XXL in Schott’s Made in USA range fits me exactly like I prefer. Now I am 3000 $ lighter and have four jackets which I didn’t really need.

I am sure my wife will be happy when I get back home... but hey, I bought her an Empire state building souvenir tea mug so hopefully she doesn’t get too upset about my own souvenirs! [emoji3]

I just came back from Schott store. I went there with intention of buying MAYBE one jacket. It turned out that size XXL in Schott’s Made in USA range fits me exactly like I prefer. Now I am 3000 $ lighter and have four jackets which I didn’t really need.

I am sure my wife will be happy when I get back home... but hey, I bought her an Empire state building souvenir tea mug so hopefully she doesn’t get too upset about my own souvenirs! [emoji3]

You should be totally fine, it’s the thought that counts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy