Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Hat Rounding Jack

humanshoes

One Too Many
FOR SALE: Oak and brass hat rounding jack. Uses standard utility knife blades and will trim out to just over 5 inches. Nothing too fancy here folks, just a solid tool that should give a lifetime of service. I have five rounding jacks ready to go at this time with each jack priced at $150.00 plus $8.95 shipping to the CONUS.
DSC00844.jpg DSC00845.jpg DSC00846.jpg DSC00847.jpg

Last edited:

Moviehats

One of the Regulars
Can you do an 8 inch? Just for future reference. I am thinking about a big brim.
These are very nice BTW. Just bought a 6 inch. Might have gotten one of these if I knew about them. I'll keep my eyes open for other tools you make.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hello Moviehats. I can make one that will go out to 8" or more with about a two week turnaround time. Thanks for the compliment and your interest.

humanshoes

One Too Many
No problem coble. Just let me know when you're ready. I also make tollikers, runner downs, puller downs, etc. if you need them. IMG_1882.jpg P01-15-14_21-35.jpg

I have no need for another rounding jack myself, but I'm happy to see that perfectly serviceable ones are being made to sell at a reasonable price.

There are some very nice indeed rounding jacks being made that sell for something more than twice what you're asking. They're worth what the fellow charges, I think, but they're much nicer than they really need to be to do the job.

humanshoes

One Too Many
I agree Tonyb. I love those heirloom quality jacks the other fellow is making, but I just needed something accurate and functional. Way better than my exacto knife. Kind of like comparing a Chevy to a Mercedes though. They both have tires and an engine and get you were you need to be, but that's where the comparison ends. Thank you for the kind words Bond. I'm happy the tolliker is still of service to you. I actually modified one of mine with the brass foot plate that you added to the one I sold you. I have no problem shamelessly stealing someone else's ideas for my own benefit.

humanshoes

One Too Many
I just bought one these from Rick and they are great tools. Highly recommended.
Thanks for the recommendation Cornshucker! I'm glad the jack is working out for you. I graduated from Wahoo High School in 1972 and then moved to Lincoln for a few years before my wanderlust got the better of me. I think back fondly on my time in Nebraska.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21