Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Rounding Jack/Brim Cutter

humanshoes

One Too Many
IMG_2132.jpg IMG_2134.jpg IMG_2136.jpg IMG_2137.jpg
Oak rounding jack/brim cutter. I set out to develop an affordable, durable jack with adjustable blade depth that uses standard utility knife blades and this is the first off the bench. It has an effective cutting width of just over 5 inches. The price is $140 with free shipping to fellow lounge members anywhere in the CONUS. I'm set up to make an initial run of 6 jacks so more will be forthcoming, but this one is ready to go right now.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, we could sure use one of those in our box of goodies for hats.....but the bank has been screaming "mutiny" as of late! Please do tell me, will you be back with others that you would make? I ask as I know that these are normally not cheap to buy, and from what I can see, this looks so well built, the way a "Jack" should be made. Pretty, too! lol!

humanshoes

One Too Many
Wow, we could sure use one of those in our box of goodies for hats.....but the bank has been screaming "mutiny" as of late! Please do tell me, will you be back with others that you would make? I ask as I know that these are normally not cheap to buy, and from what I can see, this looks so well built, the way a "Jack" should be made. Pretty, too! lol!
Hello LuvMyMan. I'm set up to make six of these jacks as need dictates or as time permits, whichever comes first. I've tried to keep the cost down without compromising quality and functionality. If you'd like one at some point in the future, PM me and I'll build and ship you one within a weeks time. By the way, I've enjoyed your posts and those of your significant other.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thank you do dearly. I would hope some of the loungers will take advantage of making a purchase of your brim trimmer, as when anyone needs one, seems no one has one for sale...and the one place we have spotted on line to buy one, they are so darn expensive, makes you want to scream!!! Makes your wallet take off running away from ya! LOL! Plus (I am NO expert, but look...) the overall look and extra fine construction points of how you "built" this rounding jack to cut, is amazingly sharp as well as functional. For anyone that is going to seriously own hats, some tools seem to always pop up that you can use...but...never have...this is one of those tools. Yes, I will sure be ordering one of these....perhaps before the end of this month!?!

Thanks so much,
Cindy

humanshoes

One Too Many
Thanks for your kind words Cindy. I started making my own tools because, although they are quite beautiful, I couldn't bring myself to spend the high dollars the heritage grade tools are fetching. I trimmed my first brims with an exacto knife with lots of sanding involved afterwards. Adequate, yet time consuming, results. So necessity prevailed as the mother of invention once again. Will be more than happy to make your rounding jack when the time comes. Best regards, Rick

Brownpat1988

New in Town
Hey human shoes. Can I order one of these from you today. I've been looking for a while and have decided on your craftsman ship. Please email me @brown.pat1988@gmail.com or message me back here with your phone number. I'm ready to buy. Thank you

humanshoes

One Too Many
Hello drater1138. Sorry for the delayed response to your post. I've gotten overly busy making hats and don't have as much time to spend in the wood shop, but I'll email you and see if we can get you a rounding jack built. Only fair to tell you, though, that the price has gone up a bit to $150.00 plus $8.95 for shipping. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Hello, I would love to buy one of your rounding jacks too, if you have the time... My email: cristina at deprada dot net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Or perhaps we could do an exchange, if there's anything you covet from over here (Europe), fur felts, tie silk (wonderful for linings)... let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo