Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odd Bow?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I caught the tail end of a 30's movie on the Hat Channel the other night and one hat stood out from the rest. Most were the narrow brimmed, tall crown versions with a center dent, with the wide ribbon and standard bow. But on one hat the bow rotated to the back corner of the crown. It wasn't the rear bow, but at what would be the 7:30 position. Has anyone seen this bow position before? It looked neat and stood out in a sea of similar hats.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
I caught the tail end of a 30's movie on the Hat Channel the other night and one hat stood out from the rest. Most were the narrow brimmed, tall crown versions with a center dent, with the wide ribbon and standard bow. But on one hat the bow rotated to the back corner of the crown. It wasn't the rear bow, but at what would be the 7:30 position. Has anyone seen this bow position before? It looked neat and stood out in a sea of similar hats.

If I understand correctly, you mean TMC as the Hat Channel, right?

I've seen hats with the bow on the back. I'm sure others here could give a more specific time frame, but hats with the bow towards the back seem to have been another option for fedoras. Maybe it just didn't catch on as well, because it seems like you hardly see them.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
ScionPI2005 said:
If I understand correctly, you mean TMC as the Hat Channel, right?

I've seen hats with the bow on the back. I'm sure others here could give a more specific time frame, but hats with the bow towards the back seem to have been another option for fedoras. Maybe it just didn't catch on as well, because it seems like you hardly see them.

Yep TCM. And this one wasn't the back bow. A style I like, by the way. But was halfway between the back and the normal side position. I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was a 1934 one, if I remember correctly.

edit: movie was One Way Passage (1932)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot