Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Of Sheep-Dip, Rot-Gut, and Furniture Polish. The worst of the worst.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Advocaat has to up there for foulness as well.

Disgusting stuff *yucky*
I'd have to agree.
However, being one to never throw anything away (that's why I still have the bottle of spearmint gin) and since advocaat is made with eggs, I came up with a cocktail using this and another strange liquor I've been seeing a lot lately.

The Breakfast Special
1 part Advocaat
2 parts Bakon vodka
Shaken garnished with a slice of buttered toast.
or the Eggsnbacontini:icon_smil

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
I'd have to agree.
However, being one to never throw anything away (that's why I still have the bottle of spearmint gin) and since advocaat is made with eggs, I came up with a cocktail using this and another strange liquor I've been seeing a lot lately.

The Breakfast Special
1 part Advocaat
2 parts Bakon vodka
Shaken garnished with a slice of buttered toast.
or the Eggsnbacontini:icon_smil

Chris that sounds hilarious!

Although I think I might stick to the good old fashioned form of bacon and eggs (with a Bloody Mary on the side) ;)

grundie

One of the Regulars
Treacle flavoured Scotch. I kid you not, it was actually made and was on sale for maybe a whole day sometime in the mid-90s. Someone kept a bottle and gave me a sip a year or two ago and it was vile.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
I'm honestly not sure what went into it but when I was in college, my fraternity brothers came up with this concoction they mixed in a (clean) garbage pail (at least I think it was clean). This is no joke. For flavor they put in some Hi C punch followed by different kinds of cheap booze. I kid you not. Somebody spilled a little of it on the floor and it actually took off the wax and permanently etched the linoleum. And these guys were drinking this swill. :beer: :eek: *yucky* :kick:

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Silver Dollar said:
I'm honestly not sure what went into it but when I was in college, my fraternity brothers came up with this concoction they mixed in a (clean) garbage pail (at least I think it was clean). This is no joke. For flavor they put in some Hi C punch followed by different kinds of cheap booze. I kid you not. Somebody spilled a little of it on the floor and it actually took off the wax and permanently etched the linoleum. And these guys were drinking this swill. :beer: :eek: *yucky* :kick:

Thanks for the tip. Must keep Hi C off the linoleum.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Silver Dollar said:

So, that must fall more under the "Furniture Polish" part of this thread then say sheep-dip.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
When I wiped that stuff off the floor, I couldn't believe what that stuff did. The liquor was some of the cheapest junk made at the time. I couldn't even tell you what brand it was. Who knows, it might have been torpedo juice for all I know.

Talbot

One Too Many
Silver Dollar said:

At my Daughter's college they call it 'Goon'. They still mix the stuff, usually after a game of 'Edward Beer Hands'.

filfoster

One Too Many
On the floor

Silver Dollar said:
This is the infamous "hairy buffalo"? Yes we did this more than once (which compares unfavoarably to painful events experienced by lower orders of life) but without any damage to the floor, except for varous abrasions from contact with it (the floor).

Purple Geez

When I visited a friend going to tech college the in Potsdam they were having their 'Zoonie-Boonie" some sort of weekend blast.

One place had started the trash can mix with one of the grape based drinks and the beverage was refered to as 'Purple Geez' which packed a wallop.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Well, this stuff definitely packed a punch. They usually doled it out in small paper cups. During that particular party where the floor got "attacked" one of our female guests had 9 cups of the stuff. There she was dancing with some guy and then, she was gone. She dropped where she stood and passed out cold. I don't know what happened after that. I just got the he** out of there.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Silver Dollar said:

Hi Y'all, my cousin Don went to College at Bowling Green and said that they made Garbage Can Punch. Four or five bags of ice, four or five cans of Hi-C (flavor optional), bag of oranges, sliced and crushed, and then BYOB. He said that there was Ever-clear, Red Wine, Champagne, Bourbon, Vodka, Beer, Light Beer, and schnapps in it. He watch someone pour in a six pack of Bud, went and dipped some of the stuff out, and it still tasted like Hi-C.

Later

1961MJS said:
Hi Y'all, my cousin Don went to College at Bowling Green and said that they made Garbage Can Punch. Four or five bags of ice, four or five cans of Hi-C (flavor optional), bag of oranges, sliced and crushed, and then BYOB. He said that there was Ever-clear, Red Wine, Champagne, Bourbon, Vodka, Beer, Light Beer, and schnapps in it. He watch someone pour in a six pack of Bud, went and dipped some of the stuff out, and it still tasted like Hi-C.

Later

Ever-Clear on its own is worthy of mention in this thread. :eek: :eusa_doh: *yucky* Put it with all the rest and you have a real potion to use in the garden to kill any pests. :p

Everclear, particularly if you are in a 180 proof state was NEVER meant to be drank on its own. It is a cheap super vodka that needs a mixer. I got to try 190 proof pharmacutical alcohol - yikes that stuff was stultifying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot