Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Of Sheep-Dip, Rot-Gut, and Furniture Polish. The worst of the worst.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
And lastly, casked wine - namly Coolibah. 'Box Monster' as I call it. Not something that my family ever drank (thank goodness) but so many people did when they were young and poor students in college. I remember drinking it at a party once when I was 19, because there was nothing else...never again...

Oh yes College memories of "Box o'wine"! All the art openings my my old university had the ubiquitous wine in a box...eek...

I'll add another foul thing that showed up often in college in Alaska, Yukon Jack Permafrost (peppermint schnappes...) *yucky*

4spurs

One of the Regulars
oslo

I've been to Oslo, and don't remember what I drank. But I do remember the Fram, and the Goya [sp?]. If I find myself outside of Oslo what do you recommend for beer?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
4spurs said:
I've been to Oslo, and don't remember what I drank. But I do remember the Fram, and the Goya [sp?]. If I find myself outside of Oslo what do you recommend for beer?

Any of the Nøgne Ø beers are brilliant (and you can get them many places in Norway now). Mack make some good brews but often more difficult to get south of Trondheim. They are (or were at least) the most northernmost brewery in the world being up in Tromsø. If you're in Bergen the big one is Hansa, which is alright, in Trondheim it's Dahls which is OK as well. As you probably know pils is the big thing in Norway, but try some of the seasonal beers from the breweries, most do a bayerøl which tend to be tasty.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
I like the sound of the nutmeg one!

But yeah - jaegermeister is awful. And parties tend to go downhill fast when that green bottle appears, so that is usually my cue to leave!

yes it makes people do really bizarre things. there is just nothing good about jaegermeister

rumblefish

One Too Many
Smithy said:
Any of the Nøgne Ø beers are brilliant (and you can get them many places in Norway now).
I still owe you Tim, for getting me hip to Nøgne Ø!:eusa_clap Very easy to find in NY.
Mikkeller brews a few of their beers in Norway, and they're all worth a try.

I went to my neighbor's daughter's graduation party where I had the choice of Coors lite, Bud lite, and Miller lite lime. That choice lasted for the first beer I had, then all that was left was the lime beer. First taste- "Well, it's better than Coors lite". Second taste- "No it's not... I'll walk home and bring back a few of my own in my pockets". :p

rumblefish said:
^lol

Stop it, the two of you!;)

Swinggal might be right. It is probably worse than red wine vinegar. I use that for marinade. I wouldn't marinate ants in campari. That would be cruel and unusual punishment.
I might use it to get information out of terrorists though. :
"Drink this or tell me what I want to know."
"I'll talk, I'll talk! Just don't make me drink another sip---PLEASE!"
;) :p

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Right and Campari is definitely on the short list. *yucky*
The only thing worse is Cynar. Its like artichoke snots. :eek:*yucky*

Although Campari and Cynar are awful drinks on their own. One of the worst drinks I've ever had is a pickleback.

Shot of Jamesons followed by a shot of bright yellow Pickle brine.
*yucky* *yucky* *yucky*
:( ooh I feel a bi t odd just thinking about it!

Ethan Bentley said:
Although Campari and Cynar are awful drinks on their own. One of the worst drinks I've ever had is a pickleback.

Shot of Jamesons followed by a shot of bright yellow Pickle brine.
*yucky* *yucky* *yucky*
:( ooh I feel a bit odd just thinking about it!

That is a recipe for ruining a good Jameson. :eek: :eusa_doh:
There are some lousy tasting mixed drinks out there that is for sure. I would say just about anything with a shot of vinegar in it would likely be lousy. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21