Of Sheep-Dip, Rot-Gut, and Furniture Polish. The worst of the worst.

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by rumblefish, Nov 9, 2009.

1. It's not syrupy. It is about the same thickness as Bailey's Irish Cream.
    I usually don't drink it straight. It is a cocktail ingredient more than anything else for me. Over pancakes it sounds interesting. :D

2. rumblefish

rumblefish One Too Many

Yes, but then they become crepes. ;)

Sure, call what you like a cocktail ingredient, and what I like Lysol.:p:p:p;)

3. Crepes sound good. I'll be right over.

It is a cocktail ingredient. You like Unicum? Man, that stuff is Lysol.
    Cynar and Campari are just rust remover. :p

4. rumblefish

rumblefish One Too Many

I had a little something over the weekend that inspired me to post. Royal James Gin- Blah! The tiniest little taste of washed out lemon peel and nothing else. I had to go and drop some crushed juniper berries in it to make me believe I was drinking gin.

5. Not all gin needs juniper berries. :p Try Hendrick's and see.
    I still say Dickel is the worst drink next to Cynar but it is the best furniture stripper around.:p

6. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well James, I won't defend Dickel, but I will state that I have had FAR WORSE bourbons than what George Dickel makes. One was 20% real bourbon whiskey and 80% ever-clear, water and Carmel food coloring. Ummmmmm. I didn't buy it, I bought Dickel.

Later

7. I would drink water instead. :p Dickel is for my gas tank---better than Seafoam. :p

8. Missouri Mason

Missouri Mason Familiar Face

San Miguel beer from the Philippines. So bad, I couldn't even finish one!

In my case, that's saying a lot!

9. kiwilrdg

kiwilrdg A-List Customer

The wost beers I ever had were in Kenya. The premium beer was called Tusker and the generic was called white cap (white cap had no form of label at all, as generic as it gets). They were a great time saver because you got a hangover as soon as you drank them. No need to spend time being drunk.

10. Tusker gave you the tusk. :p

11. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

HI

That's odd, maybe it's the Formaldehyde that some brewers put in their beer. I thought some Asian beers, especially during the Vietnam War were famous for that. I only had ONE Tusker and it was imported...

Later

12. kiwilrdg

kiwilrdg A-List Customer

East Africa is not noted for fine beers. When you combine the beer being brewed in a country that is mostly Muslim with government price controls I guess expectations for the beer should not be high.

13. newsman

newsman One of the Regulars

Because it's made by monks...and the color come from the name.

I'd rather drink...tea...

-Newsman-

14. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

Brought to you by the same folks that make Janitor in a Drum. :)
    And did you actually try Cynar James?? I've seen it in Italian delis, but could never muster the courage to plunk down 20 bucks for a bottle of something so suspicious. And who in their right mind would think to make alcohol from artichokes anyway? Might as well use lettuce, or brussel sprouts, or grass clippings.

15. Yes, unfortunately I did buy and try Cynar. It is horrible! Think Brussel sprouts in your list there. :p

I think it might even best be used to strip the finish off of furniture. It might rot a hole in the floor if you spill it! :doh:

Leave it to the Romans to take artichokes one step further than it needed to go. You think Turducken is something new? No way. Romans were even more inventive with things like a goose inside a pig, inside a cow. They would eat or drink anything. :p

16. rumblefish

rumblefish One Too Many

Got any of that bottle left?;) Send it to me, along with the grapefruits...:D

17. Yeah two sucky things that go lousy together. :p lol lol

I poured the bottle down the toilet. I figured it should work as good as Liquid Plumber. :p

18. Bugguy

Bugguy A-List Customer

Slivovitz - like owning a Rambler; once per lifetime.

19. Plums and their seeds crushed for this stuff? Doesn’t sound good to me.

20. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

Yeah, Slivo is something to experience, that's for sure. I live in an old Italian neighborhood outside the steel mill, but the neighborhood just to the east is a Slovenian neighborhood. The local bar that's been there since Prohibition was lifted serves Slivo - they go through a lot of it. I've had it the few times I've been in there.

Brad