Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Of Sheep-Dip, Rot-Gut, and Furniture Polish. The worst of the worst.

Hamletsghost

New in Town
Well Then - From EARLY DAYS - (not Early Times lol )

Wild Irish Rose - Thunderbird - BOONES FARM :rage:
MAD DOG 2020:eek: :confused:
AND Finally
Ol Rocking Chair Whiskey - :p
(From the bottle)
The Legend:
Old Sailing Captains home from the sea
used to lash a keg of whiskey under their rocking chairs.
Thus simulating the motion of wind bitten clipper ships,
thereby giving the whiskey a richer finer flavor.

AMAZING 40 years later and I can still remember reciting the Legend before the first blast of the fresh pint in yer back pocket for the members of the Rockin' Chair Club.

Hope I don't sound like too much of a lush. :D:
:cheers1:

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chas said:
This is wonderful - James Mason plugging Thunderbird.

This one is hilarious! Notice, though, what he says. "An unusual flavor all its own..." and "Not like anything I've ever tasted." And notice he never gets anywhere near sipping it or smelling it. Very carefully worded so he's making a non-endorsing endorsement of the product. He never says it's good - it's unusual. He doesn't say it tastes like kerosese - it tastes like nothing he's ever tasted.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Before we get too far past these

I need to mention two "brown bag under the overpass" expressions: Night Train Express (Probably a knock off of Wild Irish Rose and T-Bird) and OE8 (Old English in 800ml - which I think is malt liquor).

Hamletsghost said:
Well Then - From EARLY DAYS - (not Early Times lol )
Wild Irish Rose - Thunderbird - BOONES FARM :rage:
MAD DOG 2020:eek: :confused:
AND Finally
Ol Rocking Chair Whiskey - :p
(From the bottle)...Hope I don't sound like too much of a lush. :D:
:cheers1:

Mike in Seattle said:
This one is hilarious! Notice, though, what he says. "An unusual flavor all its own..." and "Not like anything I've ever tasted." And notice he never gets anywhere near sipping it or smelling it. Very carefully worded so he's making a non-endorsing endorsement of the product. He never says it's good - it's unusual. He doesn't say it tastes like kerosese - it tastes like nothing he's ever tasted.

Very true. Not like anything he has ever tasted because he has never strained Aqua Velva through a few pieces of french bread and drank the resulting strained product. :p lol

Horribly wrong! EKU 28

One brew that is made to spec yet winds up with a most frightening taste is EKU 28. EKU is a superb brewer from Germany that makes a big line up of good beers. EKU 28 was designed to be the strongest beer in the world and held that title for a long time but at a cost. This one has one of the most unusual flavors ever and I have yet to find someone that enjoys it. That weird "wang" flavor is so prominent that you could pour the half liter into 5 gallons of beer and still taste that it was there. Yeeeech!:eek:

Dr Doran

jamespowers said:
Very true. Not like anything he has ever tasted because he has never strained Aqua Velva through a few pieces of french bread and drank the resulting strained product. :p lol

Nice.

Dr Doran

jamespowers said:
Mai Tai, Fogcutter, Blue Hawaii, Pina Colada and the like I take it?
You have never tasted one made by me. ;) :p

My schedule is quite free this semester. And that high-roofed cabana thing in your backyard is pretty awesome.

Dr Doran

jamespowers said:
lol lol lol lol I see. I'll have to put something together when the temperatures warm up a bit for Tiki Drinks. :D Then again, my Fogcutter would warm up Chilly Willy. ;)

My newly-won 3 piece heavy "hairy" tweed suit, as soon as I pick it up from the post office and have it slightly altered, will be fine for the alleged California cold !

rumblefish

One Too Many
It ought to have either an artichoke or garlic flavor to it, having California in it's name. My vote goes to artichoke:D ,,, now, what has artichoke in it???:whistling
;)

jamespowers said:
California Cold. I'll have to invent a drink with that name. ;) :p

I don't like Amaretto- There I said it.:p
I love almonds and just discovered Marcona almonds from Spain. I go through a can of them every two months. I just don't like what becomes of almonds when they go from a nut to a flavor. Almonds in baking and cooking yummy! Almond paste, blah.

rumblefish said:
It ought to have either an artichoke or garlic flavor to it, having California in it's name. My vote goes to artichoke:D ,,, now, what has artichoke in it???:whistling
;)

I don't like Amaretto- There I said it.:p
I love almonds and just discovered Marcona almonds from Spain. I go through a can of them every two months. I just don't like what becomes of almonds when they go from a nut to a flavor. Almonds in baking and cooking yummy! Almond paste, blah.

I am the opposite. I can stand Amaretto but I hate almonds on their own or in baking or cooking. [huh] :p
The California Cold
1 part Tia Maria
1 part Bailey's Irish Cream
1 part Frangelico.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass