Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh PA Wine Guy...

Manino

New in Town
what has happened to you?
when i got into this forum
you were the driving motor
had a wondeful taste
and an articulate prose
and the patience of a fly
all those jackets that you buy
were put promptly for sale
but then you went and bought
same type jackets again
oh pa wine guy
this site has lost its soul
since you have been gone
and even monitor's iron-y
or first posts' statistician
can ever keep me around
and I really know the why
got to like this site before
full of excitement and more
'cos of some pa wine guy

(PS: Hope you are alive dude)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
probably he woke up one morning in clear head broke the 4th wall and realized what a waste of money and space it had been, sold everything but one jacket and moved on with life like a normal person, perhaps the same happened to A1, Jonesy, and Jin.

handymike had his episode few months back.

Manino

New in Town
well I myself had been buying classic motorcycles faster than he bought jackets, but did not sell them and only stopped because of money flow shortages...
guess things are better done in moderation; sad part when it is like an addiction, they stop cold turkey and we don't get their being around no more...

oh pa wine guy, your jacketeering is now gone you did move on to feed on diferent lands where goat horse and cow are not pebbles and creases or waterproof stutches or some oz thickness and that wonderful knowledge of yours might live on to one day tell your grankids: "now that granny is not around let me tell you about steerhide and real mccoys and buco and A2s" oh she has come back with the same broom that kicked the needle from my arm and avoided our bankrucpy all those years behind...

salúd
M

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have thought of him as well from time to time, he was still an avid poster when I started hanging around here in 2015. I remember he sold @nick123 a really nice vintage Langlitz Columbia and that was the first time I ever heard of Langlitz. I miss both of them.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That’s what I figured when I saw the title. „Pawine“ just didn’t ring a bell whatsoever….

Manino

New in Town
he seemed to have moved on from jackets to coockoo clocks, rock in pawineguy, good to hear you're OK

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_144017.jpg
    IMG_20230303_144017.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 58

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
His name is Chris and he sold me a really nice Thedi! I think this hobby doesn't necessarily have the staying power some others do, and that's why folks often move on. Only so much you can do with a tube with two tubes attached at each side.

Well, at first I thought you had a point. Then I decided to look at how many different combinations of options that Aero offers. With combinations of civilian designs, leathers, linings, zippers, stitch colour, inside pockets etc you get a total of 116 872 448 possible combinations if I calculated correctly. And that’s just one maker. If you combine all the options available even at just the top ten most popular makers on TFL I bet there’s a billion different configurations. That’s quite a lot to explore.

Well, at first I thought you had a point. Then I decided to look at how many different combinations of options that Aero offers. With combinations of civilian designs, leathers, linings, zippers, stitch colour, inside pockets etc you get a total of 116 872 448 possible combinations if I calculated correctly. And that’s just one maker. If you combine all the options available even at just the top ten most popular makers on TFL I bet there’s a billion different configurations. That’s quite a lot to explore.
Sure, details etc...but the core 3 tubes are always there and I can personally attest to getting really bored with jackets. I need an occasional hit to keep the addiction going but the excitement for me is really pretty low these days.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Sure, details etc...but the core 3 tubes are always there and I can personally attest to getting really bored with jackets. I need an occasional hit to keep the addiction going but the excitement for me is really pretty low these days.

You’ve been around the block a few times though

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the thing is we only have 1 body to wear 1 jacket for around 10 hrs max per day during our waking hours, then counting the weather and season, how many leather jackets have to compete for that small spots, not counting non leather options.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
WJDYWT thread probably keeps us going this far, the thread's OP however probably has moved on with life too. probably this is a life laboratory to test how likely our souls will let go and walk into the light or lingering as ghosts haunting the same spot eternally repeating the same cycle over and over and over and over getting a little bitterer and angrier each time .

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
As we all know, jacket buying can be hit or miss and it takes a few purchasing mistakes until you get it right. I always got the impression this is what he was going through, and he had enough $$ to be able to buy 'a lot' of them in his search for what he liked and what worked best for him.

Most of us don't have the luxury to buy dozens and dozens within a short period of time like that, so good for him I guess, and hopefully he now has his perfect jacket(s). Probably why he moved on from the forum...he found what he was looking for so no more need to be here. Or, maybe he's just one of those guys that gets into something and goes overboard then loses interest just as fast and is on to some other new obsession. I've known guys like that.

But yeah, if I were mega-rich and had unlimited funds, I'd do that too...buy every jacket that looked interesting with the idea of finding just a few favorites, and moving on what I wasn't thrilled with. Not saying that was his situation, but his buying habits made it look that way...

Manino

New in Town
As we all know, jacket buying can be hit or miss and it takes a few purchasing mistakes until you get it right. I always got the impression this is what he was going through, and he had enough $$ to be able to buy 'a lot' of them in his search for what he liked and what worked best for him.

Most of us don't have the luxury to buy dozens and dozens within a short period of time like that, so good for him I guess, and hopefully he now has his perfect jacket(s). Probably why he moved on from the forum...he found what he was looking for so no more need to be here. Or, maybe he's just one of those guys that gets into something and goes overboard then loses interest just as fast and is on to some other new obsession. I've known guys like that.

But yeah, if I were mega-rich and had unlimited funds, I'd do that too...buy every jacket that looked interesting with the idea of finding just a few favorites, and moving on what I wasn't thrilled with. Not saying that was his situation, but his buying habits made it look that way...
He never looked the mega rich type to me but then again, he was buying for 12 hundred and selling for 6 couple weeks later the unused jackets. I bought (and kept) the board racer in goat and vanson b deluxe in octagon that he also had bought, but then he disapeared. Maybe one day we cross paths wearing same jackets, in any case this is indeed a good lounge with knowledgable people on this matter.
And you get to learn that Pecard is the one to use (rub it with your hands)

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
He never looked the mega rich type to me but then again, he was buying for 12 hundred and selling for 6 couple weeks later the unused jackets. I bought (and kept) the board racer in goat and vanson b deluxe in octagon that he also had bought, but then he disapeared. Maybe one day we cross paths wearing same jackets, in any case this is indeed a good lounge with knowledgable people on this matter.
And you get to learn that Pecard is the one to use (rub it with your hands)

I just assumed he must have been rich due to how many he was constantly buying, then like you said - immediately dumping. It seemed like he had a new jacket every couple days. I thought maybe he was a wine mogul LOL.

But I get why he might no longer be here. I'm into watches and was on the watch forums etc, but after I put together a 5 piece collection that I was happy with I was done lusting after other ones, collection complete, and I stopped with the watch forums and youtube videos etc etc

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana