Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh wow....what do I even say? >.<

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
no shorts...

Feraud said:
Have you seen any guys walking around NYC like that? I haven't. Heatwaves or not, most offices are air conditioned. No way those fellas work in a NYC white collar job. Those are models.

Feraud, youre on th east side, if you were nearer to TimeSquare youd see this guy EVERY DAY.
;)
910927260_6b2b0c3191.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm struggling to get the whole jacket and shorts concept. If you wear shorts because it's warm, and thus you want your legs to be cool, then why would you wear a jacket? Are there two separate temperature hemispheres happening there or something?

I get a laugh every winter here, when I see grown men wandering about wearing jumpers, thick jackets and beanies to cover their heads and torsos, while they wear shorts! I just don't understand . . . [huh]

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Benny Holiday said:
I'm struggling to get the whole jacket and shorts concept. If you wear shorts because it's warm, and thus you want your legs to be cool, then why would you wear a jacket? Are there two separate temperature hemispheres happening there or something?

I get a laugh every winter here, when I see grown men wandering about wearing jumpers, thick jackets and beanies to cover their heads and torsos, while they wear shorts! I just don't understand . . . [huh]
Same here. Shorts wearing starts in about mid March here, when temperatures reach about 40 F. Then they don their shorts as a sort of uniform. I can understand shorts in the proper context such as the beach, but as a uniform because everyone is "supposed" to wear them?? :rolleyes: No. These are hapless victims of fashion that follow the current trends no matter what. If for instance, bell bottoms were to make a comeback, then this is all people will wear again. Then all the old people will be wearing huge shorts, T-shirts, and backwards baseball caps as it seems that a person's mode of attire is set in stone by a certain age maybe? People that grew up in a given era tend to dress in that fashion their entire lives it seems.

der schneider

One of the Regulars
I remember shorts suits in the early 80's when I was at Redwood and Ross
and then they came back briefly when I was working at Jacobsons in the mid 90's

the poses and coordination in the ones pictured above were poorly done.

*having flashbacks of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann from Full Metal Jacket*

"Holy Jesus! What is THAT? WHAT THE ... IS THAT?!"

Oh, the horror... Did anyone happen to see where I laid my flashy-thingy-memory-messer-upper?

MrBern, I'm having my shrink send you the bill for dealing with the psychiatric-trauma from this one. Or maybe if I go postal I just come find you to go postal on instead...:eek: lol

H.Johnson

One Too Many
MrBern said:
Actually, the shorts are a little short for the office.
Just as some skirts could be a littl short for the office.

This length would be a littl more mainstream

1844093127_8e02cd89f1.jpg

QUOTE]

Ah! I suspect 1949 Pattern shorts. Big hems. 20" bottoms. No back pockets. My favourite. Even better than 1950 Pattern.

Dieter

New in Town
IMHO, Dogie Howser on the right actually looks acceptable for vacation wear, but with sandals or tennic shoes. The silly outfits on the two unfortunate models on the left and center would be acceptable in only one profession; a television news anchorman who sits behind his desk reading a teleprompter. ;)

Heather

Practically Family
I was really hoping you weren't talking about what I thought you were talking but *gasp* you were! Hideous. I seriously think I'd laugh if I saw a man walking down the street wearing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran