Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oil Cleansing Method

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I SAVED IT AS A STICKY!

Josephine said:
Unfortunately I didn't save the page the recipes are on, only bookmarked it, and the site it's on has been down for awhile. :(

Here you go...

Re: [Article] The Oil Cleansing Method, as requested.
Oil Cleansing Method and treatment or moisturizing oils. The oil is for the cleansing step, and can be used in very small amounts as a moisturizer or treatment left on trouble spots:

Remember that your face cloths should be double rinsed and dried on High in the dryer. This way there are no impurities or buggies to get into your open pores. Also, as indelicate as it may sound, never wash your face cloths with anything that has touched your private parts or your underarms or your feet as these areas are ripe with bacteria, microbes, and fungi that your sensitive face skin can't handle.

Patch test oils on inside of forearm for safety.

1. Skin Cleanser, apply Oil mixture without water with clean hands.
2. Massage well, concentrating on areas where pores are clogged or enlarged.
Don't forget around the lips and the neck.
3. If applying over makeup, tissue off the grunge and then add more oil and massage some more.
4. Steam Face with very warm cloth for at least 2 minutes. It is helpful to use two cloths as this holds the heat in better.
5. Wipe face well and splash with cool water.

For moisturizer, 2-4 drops of the oil mixture can be spread over the face and neck.
For treatment of scars, apply 2 times a day.
For acne prone skin, Cleanse and splash with cool water 2 times per day, if moisturizer is needed, use carrier oil only.

Oil Mixture (use ml. for parts and mix in a sterilized container)
1 part Helichrysum Italicuum or Everlasting
1-part Sage
15 parts-Carrier oil A (Explained below)
15 parts-Carrier oil B (Explained below)

Scars and Stretchmarks Treatment Oil
A=Rose Hip Oil, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil
B=Hazelnut Oil, Coconut Oil (76 degree), Sweet Almond or Sunflower Oil

Acne Prone Young Skin, Cleansing and Treating
A=Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jojoba oil
B=Castor Oil, (Or 5-10 parts Castor and the Rest Jojoba or EVOO)
Make 2 batches, One simple for leave on around the eyes
and one with 1-2 parts Tea Tree Oil for a cleansing and occaisional spot leave on treatment for the rest of the face. Never leave tea tree oil in the eye contour area.

Acne Prone Adult skin or Combination/Oily skin
A=EVOO, Jojoba Oil, Apricot Oil
B=3 parts Castor Oil, 12 parts EVOO,Jojoba, Apricot, or Sweet Almond
If tea tree oil is added (1 part) do not use on eyes.

Normal Skin
A=EVOO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot
B=EVOO, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Apricot, Coconut

Normal to Dry Skin
A=Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot
B=Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot, Jojoba, Coconut
Add 3-5 parts Vitamin E oil

Mature Dry Skin
A=5 parts Rose Hip Oil, 10 parts Sweet Almond
B=Sweet Almond or Hazelnut Oil
---------------------------------------
Eye Leave on Oil for Under Eye Circles
1-3 part Helichrysum Italicuum or Everlasting
15 parts Sweet Almond Oil

----------------------------------------
Exfoliating Salicylic Acid Mask

Crush four regular aspirin well, take out the "skins" of the coating.
Mix with aloe Gel, About a Tablespoon

Apply to T-zone and any other areas needing exfoliation (such as backs of arms etc.)
Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
Remove with damp cloth and gently cleanse.

crwritt

One Too Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwritt
I've been using a mix of castor oil and Evoo, with a drop of lavendar to cleanse my face for the past few months.
I went for a facial at a spa school last week and both the student and the instructor looked at me like I was a bit nuts when I described my minimal skin routine. (oil cleansing at bedtime, sunscreen during the day, occasional mineral makeup) Still, my skin looked very good under the magnifying glass...

Don't you love it when professionals ooo and ahhh over your hair/skin/whatever and then you say you use henna/OCM/whatever, then they go off on a mini rant on how that is so bad for your hair/skin/whatever and you're thinking "You said my hair/skin/whatever was FABULOUS before I told you what I used, now it's toast?"

Mostly they are annoyed because they have missed a chance to sell you something.

Dani California

Familiar Face
crwritt said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwritt
I've been using a mix of castor oil and Evoo, with a drop of lavendar to cleanse my face for the past few months.
I went for a facial at a spa school last week and both the student and the instructor looked at me like I was a bit nuts when I described my minimal skin routine. (oil cleansing at bedtime, sunscreen during the day, occasional mineral makeup) Still, my skin looked very good under the magnifying glass...

Don't you love it when professionals ooo and ahhh over your hair/skin/whatever and then you say you use henna/OCM/whatever, then they go off on a mini rant on how that is so bad for your hair/skin/whatever and you're thinking "You said my hair/skin/whatever was FABULOUS before I told you what I used, now it's toast?"

Mostly they are annoyed because they have missed a chance to sell you something.

I've been using castor and jojoba oil to cleanse my face for a year now and my skin has never looked so good. I also do the aspirin mask every week or twice during PMS. I always get weird looks when I tell people or beauty professionals how I cleanse my skin, but I don't care. I rather use this than the expensive stuff they are trying to sell me that I know will cause me to break out!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
What OCM mixtures do you ladies with adult acne prone skin use? I've been using Dr. Bronner's on my face, and although I like the results, it's drying my skin out. I think it's time to try the OCM.

Josephine

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
What OCM mixtures do you ladies with adult acne prone skin use? I've been using Dr. Bronner's on my face, and although I like the results, it's drying my skin out. I think it's time to try the OCM.

There is an adult acne recipe on the post that Miss 1929 posted at the top of this page. I haven't tried it myself though.

Dani California

Familiar Face
BeBopBaby said:

I used to have adult acne, but it has tamed down a lot since doing OCM. I just use the castor oil and jojoba oil. And then i use apple cider vinegar for a toner at night. Once a week I do the aspirin with yogurt mask and twice a week during PMS. In the morning, I use the Kiss My Face unscented pure olive soap bar. For blemishes, I dot it with Burts Bees Blemish Stick. I skip the lotion at night so my skin can breath. For day lotion, I use Kiss My Face Organic SPF 15 Face Lotion. My whole feeling is the less chemicals you put on your face and body the better it will be. Therefore, I always look at the ingrediants to make sure there is no parabens, etc in it.

Blondie

Practically Family
I use Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil,
love the stuff !!!
"Shu uemura cleansing oil was developed from the knowledge that Mr. Uemura gained while employed as a foremost Hollywood makeup artist in the 1950s. Hollywood luminaries utilized an oil-based cleansing concoction to thoroughly remove stage makeup and Mr. Uemura was inspired by the extraordinary condition of their skin"

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Im feeling very :cry: *yucky* today/tonight as my skin has been burning all day!

I had a facial last saturday, and my skin loved it, so I bought the products which were all certified organic and natural with no chemicals and bought from a beauty therapist etc etc

I used this skincare routine religiously ever since then and did the same today except my face turned bright red and felt like it was burning. Something has apparently aggravated this, especially when I spent nearly $100 for 3 products!

Im going back to OCM :eusa_doh:

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Oh no, RitaHayworth, that's awful! :(

I had decided to use cold ream for a while and my skin didn't like that at all. I did like how thoroughly it removed eye makeup, but my skin started to look funky.
I've been back to OCM for a few weeks now and everything's Peaches & Cream again. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lola Getz said:
O
I had decided to use cold ream for a while and my skin didn't like that at all. I did like how thoroughly it removed eye makeup

Lola, I've never used cold cream, but I love how OCM takes makeup right off. In fact, it's the only product I've ever used that completely removes fake eyelash glue :)

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Lola, I've never used cold cream, but I love how OCM takes makeup right off. In fact, it's the only product I've ever used that completely removes fake eyelash glue :)

I bought some Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil as when I used the Oil and Castor Oil, it was a little drying to my skin.

My skin came good last night and finally stopped burning/glowing late last night, it was so "raw" feeling that even when I laid down and my hair would brush my cheek there would be some discomfort.

Today it just feels dry. The irony was that I was actually going yesterday morning to get the night cream, as my skin still felt dry and tight despite cleaning & moisturizing twice daily. I am wondering if that feeling was the start of the reaction to the product. [huh]

Oh well, saved myself a fortune, and my neighbor, who loves the products is going to buy them off me :eusa_clap

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Kitty T, I too love how you can see the makeup being dissolved but I have a problem with lingering mascara. I try to be really thorough but I always have some goop left on there. [huh]
But I will take goop over breakouts any day!

Apple Annie

New in Town
Has anyone else had a problem with the OCM drying their skin?
It seems absurd, but my skin has gone from being a complete oil slick to being quite dry, just by adding oil.

I'm using a mixture of Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba and EVOO. I was adding a couple of drops of lavender oil to the mixture, and Tea tree oil on actual spots, but I've stopped using both of these. I also dampen my skin and apply a couple of drops of the oil mixture after cleansing to seal in the moisture.
Any suggestions as to what to do to stop my skin from being quite so dry?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Apple Annie said:
It seems absurd, but my skin has gone from being a complete oil slick to being quite dry, just by adding oil.

I'm using a mixture of Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba and EVOO.

You still need to moisturize afterward.

RitaHayworth said:
Today it just feels dry. The irony was that I was actually going yesterday morning to get the night cream, as my skin still felt dry and tight despite cleaning & moisturizing twice daily. I am wondering if that feeling was the start of the reaction to the product. [huh]

You can use a little jojoba oil to moisturize your skin after doing OCM.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Apple Annie said:

It's the craziest thing, no? I've been doing OCM with pure grapeseed oil for the past couple weeks, and my skin has, remarkably, become so much drier. In my case, it's not too dry, but it's amazing that adding oil removes oil. What I do is apply the oil, gently wipe it off with a washcloth or tissues, splash lukewarm water on my face, and pat it dry with a towel. That leaves the tiniest leftover film of oil, which has worked for me. Maybe you need a more moisturizing oil to use after washing it off?

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
You still need to moisturize afterward.

You can use a little jojoba oil to moisturize your skin after doing OCM.

I have quite the cocktail going on......EVOO, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil & Almond Oil.

Then I smother with Nivea (blue tin). Skin is loving it! No break outs, no reactions, AND My skin doesnt need moisturiser in the morning! I can put my make up straight on!

What should I be morning cleansing with though?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet said:
I'm a member of the rose hip fanclub as well. I has also cleared up my 19-year-old brother's acne within a month or so!
Ooo I'd love to try the rose hip oil ShrinkingViolet! It sounds divine. Where did you buy yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner