Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, now I'm even more confused: Aero Sheene v. Sonoma v. Half Belt

reeks1

One of the Regulars
Another member told me about the Sheene jacket, basically a cafe racer with a collar. Hmmm.
So what's the diff between it and the Half Belt?

If anyone has this (these) jackets, I'd really appreciate your thoughts, and pics even moreso.

Thanks you all for in advance for your time and consideration. I really want to get this right!

Chris

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Go back to Insurrection's Affiliate thread (#101) that shows pictures of the Sheene and HB just below. My advice: Wait until the test jacket arrives and feel free to post pictures of the test jacket on the FL so that we can further confuse you. :D Then ask for Insurrection's advice for the straight poop. Good luck!

AeroSheeneFront_zps08a26fe6.jpg

AeroSheeneBack_zps25bdd3c6.jpg

AeroSheeneTag_zpsb9e1c302.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Nice tweed lining in that. I like it much the better for having a "proper" collar. Reminds me of one of the slimmer Lewis patterns - the Corsair, from memory.

simonc

Practically Family
I mean to say I should have started a thread, "I'm oiling my jackets", with lots of pics of me oiling them and then hanging them out in the sun to absorb the Neatsfoot, wiping them down lovingly. Sigh.

Edward

Bartender
I mean to say I should have started a thread, "I'm oiling my jackets", with lots of pics of me oiling them and then hanging them out in the sun to absorb the Neatsfoot, wiping them down lovingly. Sigh.

There are a number of websites out there if you're into that sort of thing, you know.... ;) :p

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another member told me about the Sheene jacket, basically a cafe racer with a collar. Hmmm.
So what's the diff between it and the Half Belt?

Chris

They are both slim cut designs.

Sheene doesn't have the half belt on the back or straps at the waist for tightening, it has the kidney protector band of leather at the bottom of the back instead.

Sleeves ends will also be different, Sheene will have zips, Half Belts have button cuffs I think?

Sheene has the bi-swing shoulder, don't think typical Half Belts have any sort of bi-swing or action back, although my teamster (essentially a long half belt with buttons instead of zippers has the action back)

You can't really go wrong with either imo, both great jackets.....just do what most of us do in the end, get both in different colours....

reeks1

One of the Regulars
I just ordered a half-belt fit jacket in order to make a fully informed decision. What the hell, right? This is an investment piece and I want to make sure I have all the facts at my disposal.
Thank you all for your input!

technovox

One Too Many
They are both slim cut designs.

Sheene doesn't have the half belt on the back or straps at the waist for tightening, it has the kidney protector band of leather at the bottom of the back instead.

Sleeves ends will also be different, Sheene will have zips, Half Belts have button cuffs I think?

Sheene has the bi-swing shoulder, don't think typical Half Belts have any sort of bi-swing or action back, although my teamster (essentially a long half belt with buttons instead of zippers has the action back)

You can't really go wrong with either imo, both great jackets.....just do what most of us do in the end, get both in different colours....

And, as an option, you can order the Sheene without the action back or bi-swing shoulder.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Something else to consider...I'm assuming that sheene is the same cut as their cafe racer. Their cafe racer is cut for a certain body type, with a certain shoulders/chest to waist ration i.e., broad shoulders and chest w/narrow waist. I had to size up when I got mine, as my ideal shoulders/chest fit was too tight in the mid section. And I'm a reasonably slim dude, 6 ft 175 lbs. In other words, the fit of mine is great in the mid section but a little too big in shoulders/chest. Not a huge deal, but not a perfect ideal fit either.

Edward

Bartender
Yeah I know thanks for the cigar smoking bears links Eddie, they were great, but not my scene, I'm thinking an oiling one could draw more heat.

It is highly flammable, that oil. Petroleum based, you see.

Sleeve ends will also be different, Sheene will have zips, Half Belts have button cuffs I think?

Button cuffs on the 30s Halfbelt as well as all the new halfbelt designs that Aero have introduced since Ken's been more involved again, though I believe the 50s Halfbelt and the Bootlegger (the same pattern as the 50s Halfbelt, save for the lancer front and off-centre zip) come as standards with plain ended cuffs the same as the Highwayman.

simonc

Practically Family
I'll have you know my oil is only comprised of boiled horse hooves and smells like old stew, but it submits leather faster than a Greek wrestler.

Edward

Bartender
I'll have you know my oil is only comprised of boiled horse hooves and smells like old stew, but it submits leather faster than a Greek wrestler.

*Horse's* hooves? Are you sure? Once removed from the animal, horse and cow hooves look incredibly similar, you know. Only an expert can tell them apart, and they have to be look at them on a forum, in low res iphone photos....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy