Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old B-3 Bomber-is it rare/valuable?

Citadella

New in Town
I just recently found my father’s old B-3 Bomber, claiming it was official US Air Force issue from, I’m presuming, 1978. Incredibly heavy and excellent build quality-super pumped to have it but also a bit worried it’s worth a ton and don’t want to wear it out every day if so. Any chance anyone recoginizes this tag and can say whether it’s just a nice jacket or is a proper vintage find that I’d be nervous wearing regularly?
64F0AE56-331A-4F1F-815D-CFD2882DEE65.jpeg
1DDDEBC5-5D2D-42BF-9FB0-4F62256B1FB5.jpeg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is an Avirex repro B-3 that was probably made sometime in the 1980s. I’m sure it’s a nice warm jacket but it does not have any particular value as a collectors item. You can find them for sale on eBay starting at a few hundred dollars.
I would say wear it and enjoy it!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is just a civilian replica style piece from Avirex. A practical civilian wear that has an army vibe. Not accurate or faithful reproduction of the original B-3.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avirex
They have stopped issuing B-3 towards the end of WW2. There is also no more United States Army Air Force just the US Air Force after WW2. The last army contract for B-3 I believe is 1944.

Last edited:

Citadella

New in Town
Brilliant-sorta the best outcome, then: something that I can wear without feeling too guilty! Definitely hella warm and I’m fine with the majority of the value being in sentiment only to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24