Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old-ish Savile Row suits

s_crumb

Familiar Face
Benstephens recently posted about purchasing a suit with history. I wanted to add my recent purchases.

I have a similar story. I recently purchased 6 suits made by Strickland and Sons, Savile Row. They aren't vintage but they belonged to a gentleman by the name of Roger Starr. His obituary is here http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/11/n...uthor-and-editorial-writer-is-dead-at-83.html

I especially like the bit about attempting to enlist in the Army in the black regiment during WWII. Not sure that I can fill his suits either.

The gentleman I bought them from purchased 10-12 suits from an estate sale. I picked the suits I felt were the most classic. There were a couple of suits from the 70's and 80's that I felt strayed a little too far from the classic English sensibilities and were too fadish.

We'll see how they fit. I'll post some pictures when they arrive. Maybe not, as they aren't 40's era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner