Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old time kiddie fun...

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
I realize I might be pelted with oranges (à la Margaret Dumont in "Duck Soup") for this, but I admit to still rather liking Shirley Temple movies. I grew up watching them and, along with the influence of Ginger Rogers, getting into tap dance. Sure, she could be annoying, but when properly supported by older actors it's all fun. My favorite is still "Poor Little Rich Girl" with Alice Faye (a beautiful lady!) and Jack Haley (super cute!); I even find myself singing along to "You Gotta Eat Your Spinach, Baby" from an Alice album! :D

Shirley48.gif

withyou.jpg

Although my dislike for children in general goes way back (you may see my journal for more evidence of this, ah haha ha), I still would love to see more titles with kid stars such Baby Marie Osborne (http://www.classicmoviekids.com/osbornemarie.htm.) I also like Bonita Granville and Mary Miles Minter, even though they obviously aren't in the same age group as the aforementioned. :)

Story

I'll Lock Up
And here I thought this thread would be about that scene in Peckinpah's WILD BUNCH, where the children are playing with the ants and scorpian.

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
jake_fink said:
I like Wee Willie Winkie. It's directed by John OFrd for crying out loud!

Oh, gosh, it's been years since I've seen that one! I used to know a girl in high school who was obsessed with Shirley. It was funny.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've always loved "Stand Up And Cheer," and it's a tossup what I like most about it -- Shirley's rendition of "Baby Take A Bow" or the talking penguin who thinks he's Jimmy Durante. (And why didn't it occur to them to have Shirley and the penguin do a number together????"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner