Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On AGING- for the gents

Tux Toledo

One of the Regulars
Good advice. Thanks for sharing.

chanteuseCarey said:
Adapting this slighty for the men of FL here from a PR post. Men age too- It ain't unique to us ladies!

One lady's advice (purely subjective and biased of course) to the men of FL:

HOW TO AGE WELL...

Find a really good vintage look for yourself where you are now in life and at the age you are right now- even if its a vintage decade you hadn't considered before.

Learn a song you really love and sing it loudly with joy.

Dance in the rain with someone that really matters to you; a child, a spouse or sweetheart, your Mom, or a good friend.

Don't "air hug" or "air kiss" anyone- show passion and authenticity.

Play in the sunshine and walk barefoot in the sand- again.

Lose ten pounds if you need to or put on ten pounds if you need to, if healing from stress that way is something that you need to do.

Buy a great hat, even if may look crazy to others and wear it proudly.

Be a REAL friend to someone; that their life is now better for knowing you and your being in their life.

Post some (new) pics of yourself in the "what are you wearing today?" thread -in vintage or not.

Drink more water, eat really excellent dark chocolate.

Learn to play the piano, or the harmonica.

Recognize that life isn't always going a bed of roses- but even when its not, do seek out those roses to smell just the same.

Falconetti

New in Town
Ha ! Nope, I think I'm gonna phase em right out... Best to go out winning.. I just don't think they look so good after a certain age.. Unless your Paul Newman.. but theres only one Paul Newman.. Now I've discoverd John Simons own brand Kahkis, I think I'm sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21