Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One of my favorites

Jerekson

One Too Many
This thread is long overdue. I picked up a fedora from an eBay auction a good number of months ago. The auction was minimally described and had featureless photos, but I had a really good feeling about it for some reason. I bid, put up a fight with another bidder, and got the hat for a really sweet price.

It's an early 1950's Worth fedora. It's in mint condition, but not new condition (it's that perfect feeling of getting a hat that's already been broken in, but is still completely fresh).

The specs are ideal for me - a wide brim, a high, square crown. A 1 in. ribbon and ultra-thin brim binding are a nice touch of differentiation from my other similar hats.

The color is a nice tan. It could be compared to Akubra's tawny fawn. It's also got a really slight pinkish undertone that I really like. You can see this in the second picture.

After a new pinch, a rough teardrop, and my signature brim treatment, this hat is one of my favorites. Gets the most wear besides my Federation.

The pictures are modest, I will try my best to get some more detailed ones up soon.

Worth_1.png

Worth_2.png

Kev_Ali.png

Party_4.png

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
What? Are you in the witness protection program or something? Where's the rest of your face? How can we judge the hat if we can see if it balances with your features?

From "The Princess Bride":

Fessik: Why are you wearing a mask? Were you burned with acid or something?
Dread Pirate Roberts: They're terribly comfortable. I think soon everyone will be wearing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner