Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Only in America

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Things Found Only In America

1. Only in America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America......do we use the word "politics" to describe the process so well: "poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures."

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Andykev said:
Things Found Only In America

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

A. Supervision purposes and it's the law.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

A. Money reasons.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.

A. I like the taste.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.

A. Keeps honest people honest.

6. Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

A. Cars are waterproof.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

A. In case your burn one or two, and people on the Ackins diet may eat more then one.

9. Only in America......do we use the word "politics" to describe the process so well: "poli" in Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures."

A. Cause the goverment "used to be" corrpt.

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

A. People who are legally blind can still drive.

SpykiE

New in Town
I think the DMV's just hand out driver's licenses anymore to make a quick buck......I dunno....or maybe it's a poor attempt at getting the really bad drivers off the road, in hopes that just maybe that legally blind person will hit a really bad driver.....hey, ya never know! *shakes head and looks away*...

Michaelson

One Too Many
I love what I'm carrying in my wallet at this very moment....my voter registration card. On the back is printed specific instructions for how the blind are to vote at a polling location. Uh, ok.... :rolleyes: Regards. Michaelson

ginobarracuda

Familiar Face
A little unnerving......

That's like driving up at an ATM and seeing the instructions on how to use the machine in braille.... I mean...if they're blind should they be driving? Then again, I'm in Los Angeles...some people drive like they're blind anyway.... :jeep:

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
I know a guy her in Indiana who is legally blind but still drives a semi truck. He has a CDL but he can't drive out of Indiana but he can drive anywhere in the state. His vision sucks and his glasses are five feet thick but he can still drive a tractor and pull a 53 foot long trailor. I used to follow him in my semi truck and he didn't drive half bad for a legally blind guy. Crazy laws. :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner