Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

DougC

Practically Family
I've got nothing new; but I did see a facebook update from Stetson showing straw hats that can roll up for travel...no indication whether these are for this summer or next.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Strictly from a business mans point of view, and please note I myself as many others would just love to see some vintage applications to Stetson's new line up, but, in business, for the most part, the can does not get kicked around too long, before it finally gets tossed out. Not to rain on any parade, I simply do not see any move on anyone making the Stetson hats the way we may desire them to be, to our "specs". In view of this, it just makes finding real vintage hats interesting and of course, then there is the custom hatters.....

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
So, uhh, anybody else see these recent pics from Mr. Deckard's tumblr?
http://mattdeckardapparel.tumblr.com/
tumblr_msx9ffAPtb1sti2mko1_500.jpg

"Stetson Headquarters"
tumblr_msdffyKAT61r91qw7o1_500.jpg

"Stetson"

Landman

One Too Many
Tom,

Looks great in the picture. Reminds me of the Strat I bought from you.

I'm pulling for Stetson. I'd love to see them make a good hat like this. I hope they ditch those cheap plastic airplane pins though.

Interesting, especially the "soft OR" comment = "just received samples. the hats are being produced with materials and techniques from the good ole days. special furs, open crown stratoliners, SOFT open roads ....and the "stetsonian" in tawny with a wide hatband & binding."

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Thought this would turn up at HatWKS. Will have to see as the other shoes fall. I am sure this is a test market run of the hats. Anyone in Nashville area that can stop by and give us a review.:) Its a couple hour drive for me to Nashville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot