Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
We were supposed to get samples also to look at but the USPS lost them. Some where there is someone wearing a nice Stetson sample. We have not made our mind up yet as to what to carry or how deep to go. We can order them on a one of a kind make up. I am sure that we will carry some of them as a stock item.

Jeff
DelMonico Hatter

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I can not tell you for sure what the retail will be. I can tell you that at least for the Statoliner the cost to us is higher then the Temple or the Chatham so you can use that as a guide.

Jeff
DelMonico Hatter

carldelo

One Too Many
I'd be interested to hear the exact specs of the hats in question, most important to me is brim width and available felt/ribbon color combinations.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jeff I expect the Strat would be higher. If these are just samples it may be a while before we see any that will be available for sell then. Stetson looks to be testing the waters with the retailers to see what they need to produce.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Well,,,,,
if Stetson is Listening, Im in for that Brown Strat & the Stetsonian & sure I can go for a Soft felt OR as well.....
I have not bought a New Fedora for "many moons"

I know what I want as a hat consumer & what I want has only been fulfilled by Vintage Hats or Hatters like Art Fawcett

im saving up my $ in case this is the real deal....

Hope the sizing is good & there not hard helmets..........:cool:

232323232%7Ffp54398%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D369388854834%3Bnu0mrj

DougC

Practically Family
Went by Paris Hatters-Abe was not aware of these and, frankly, not impressed. He REALLY likes the low crown. But, I think I persuaded him to order at least one premium strat in size 7 if they come available.

Landman

One Too Many
Doug,

I still haven't made it down to his shop. Is he going to have his 20x and 30x Open Roads again this year? If so, that may be why he was not too excited about these :)

Landman

One Too Many
Since he sold out of those last year so quickly I just assumed he would order more this year. They were nice hats and I have enjoyed mine.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Does this HatWRKS store have a web site, other than the Facebook page? A place where there might be details posted, like prices, measurements, colors, and the like?

Has anyone gone to see these hats in person yet?

And have any of our members who are retailers (like Besdor) heard or seen anything about these?

I have to admit that the Stetsonian intrigues me. But we have seen new Stetsons that looked great, but didn't hold up in the finish and durability departments (Nostalgia, anyone?). But if Matt is involved, maybe we will see a different level of finish on these hats. Certainly Stetson's Westerns seem to uphold a level of finish that pleases some high-paying customers.

Last edited:

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Thanks! For some reason, my google searches just got me the facebook page and this forum thread (!) Go figure.
Still no info on these new hats on the site, but there IS a "contact us" link, so maybe I can get some answers from the source. I'll share whatever I find out here.

Andrew

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Something that has annoyed me about this thread from the start is a slant to the thread that Hatworks has a special in or pipe line for these hats. They do not and should make it clear on there facebook page. I have been informed by Hatco reps that these hats are open to all Hatco customers. No hatter is getting a head start like the Startoliner hat had. Like other leading Haberdashers, Delmonico Hatter has been talking to Stetson about these hats and others. We did not post about it on here or on Facebook because we did not feel it was our place. As these hats roll out please know you can get them from who ever your favorite retailer is. As stated in an earlier post we do not know which of the new hats and, there are even more planed than have been leaked, we plan to have as stock items. That said we and any Hatco costumer can order them from Hatco.

Jeff

DougC

Practically Family
I didn't either...I thought this was a hat that was being offered by Hatco...in facts, I asked my local hatter (who was the largest Stetson seller last year-he was completely unaware; but, he sells cowboy hats and likes lower crown fedoras) and will likely get him to order one for me when I see they are available.

EDIT-on second thought, when I see the hats on Delmonico's website or see a note they are available, I just might order from them so I can support a lounge member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany