Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

NewJack

Practically Family
Gentlemen. Been hearing some talk about the new Stetsoinian. So much so, I ordered a Caribou from Delmonico's last week. I understand about the wait time (qt least 6 weeks). But does anyone have an opinion or heard anything about the sizing and if it's close to specs? My noggin size is between 7 1/2 & 7 5/8. Most of my lids are custom ( between 23 1/2 & 23 5/8). I ordered a 7 5/8 in the Stetsonian and am wondering if they run true (or close) to size. I can imagine how large the hat may look with the crown and brim size. But I'm a little concerned that if they run up to a size too large, I don't want to add more 'spacers' than necessary (or, if I have to to!) Thanx in advance...

Asmo

One of the Regulars
I recently received a Stetsonian from DelMonico and mine is true to size. I'm a 7 1/2 and it fits like a 7 1/2. Nice color choice, by the way too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommyK

One Too Many
NewJack, I think, if anything, they are a touch large. My Stetsonian is pretty close to right on. My new Stratoliner was a little bigger.
2015-02-05143509_zpsa6fb3701.jpg

NewJack

Practically Family
I recently received a Stetsonian from DelMonico and mine is true to size. I'm a 7 1/2 and it fits like a 7 1/2. Nice color choice, by the way too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Asmo...Thinking of calling tomorrow to see if I could change to 7 1/2. That's one of the issues with purchasing hats without being abele to try them first..

NewJack

Practically Family
NewJack, I think, if anything, they are a touch large. My Stetsonian is pretty close to right on. My new Stratoliner was a little bigger.
View attachment 25592

tommyK: Thanx! You and I share the same lid size! Appreciate the feedback! Hope it isn;t too late. I'd like to keep things as original as possible! By the way, that one looks great on ya! I'll get the chance to see how Caribou looks!

I really feel HatCo missed the mark for not having an open crown, Excellent quality, silverbelly Open Road available for 150th.
I appreciate the Excellent & Premier open crown Stratoliners & other models but this one is as much an icon for Stetson as any model.
JMHO

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I really feel HatCo missed the mark for not having an open crown, Excellent quality, silverbelly Open Road available for 150th.
I appreciate the Excellent & Premier open crown Stratoliners & other models but this one is as much an icon for Stetson as any model.
JMHO

I was hoping for Stetson 100 too

Jeff

tommyK

One Too Many
That Knox looks fantastic! And look how it takes a bash. Great color and Zephyrweight sounds good as well. I'm not a big fan of straw hats so I'm always looking for light colored, light weight felt alternatives.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
NewJack, I'm a 7 1/4 and my Stetsonian fits me as well as my customs do. It's a very nice hat.

Jared, you are so right that Matt Deckard's Instagram feed is a parade of exciting new hats. The undyed beaver, lightweight Whippet, and Knox all look great. I'm also excited by the pictures of re-issued St. Regis homburgs and high-crown derbies.

Now if I could just find the store that is selling some of these items...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ