Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OpenRoad??

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Question: Why is it important that you get an open road? Is it because of the color, dimensions and overall style, or is it on a list or something? Just curious, really...

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KB, I want an Open Road because I don't have one that I am satisfied with yet and I would like one in a tan too and they are on a list as well.

McPeppers that is not a bad idea.

DOUGLAS

This is the only OR I have and I am not 100% satisfied.
DSCN0932.jpg

feltfan

DOUGLAS said:
This is the only OR I have and I am not 100% satisfied.

That's not a Stetson OR, is it? The brim is styled in an usual fashion
and the felt doesn't look like Stetson?

Have you tried snapping the brim down in front?

DOUGLAS

I am pretty sure that it is an Open Road. I shaped the brim that way. I just recieved the new one and it is perfect. It is an OR it is a 3X,,it is my size,it has the original price tag in place and it is in the color I wanted. I am a happy hatter. This one has a snap brim. I did not shape the last one with a fedora look because I have many that style and wanted a different flavor.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
GentlemanFarmer said:
Douglas,

How can you be new around here with 300+ posts?
I pale in comparison.
Ha, ha! Look at Tony from Tarzana's number of posts, then look at his join date! I think Tony's secretly trying to take the joint over in a bloodless coup. lol

Douglas, since I can't get all the hats I'd like to, I have to live vicariously through those of you that can! Keep 'em coming, otherwise I'll have to go back to spending all my spare cash on hats. Then how would I buy books?!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I'm a huge fan of Loungers who post photos and teach us about hats, clothes, movies, cars, history, planes, etc.

I feel as if they're giving me gifts every day.

To all of you who take the time and effort to share and teach, a very big "thank you"! :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

Choose your poison. My list is running down so my buying spree may be at its end except for those few... or few dozen great hats that pop up now and then.
DSCN3329.jpg

DSCN3313.jpg

DSCN3314.jpg

DSCN3316.jpg

DSCN3317.jpg

DSCN3318.jpg

DSCN3319.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

This is the new one. It is a bit dirty but on all accounts a really nice hat. It is interesting that the liner is not printed but flat embroidered. Very nice for a fifteen dollar hat.

feltfan

DOUGLAS said:
Choose your poison.

That's what I was thinking, looking at that poor
horse drinking above a clear "XXX".

DOUGLAS said:
This is the new one. It is a bit dirty but on all accounts a really nice hat. It is interesting that the liner is not printed but flat embroidered. Very nice for a fifteen dollar hat.

A really nice hat. But remember those were big dollars.
Interesting point on the embroidered liner. Thanks as always!

Rick Blaine

Many Thanks!

... keep 'em coming, if you please... I look fwd. to each & every one.
Quite a revelation on the liner treatment. I had always seen those and assumed "a cheesy chromo-litho or silk screen" and been somewhat dismissive ...I had no idea. Thanks for pushing back the (copious) frontiers of my ignorance... (said unsarcastically ;) )

Regards,

Rick

DOUGLAS

This is a fine example of an Open Road Dinerman. I will need to do a fare amount of tweeking to get it to look as good as the one RBH is sporting. However I am very pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy