Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

opinions about sizing of A-2

wildmachine

New in Town
Hi i just fell in love with those original reproductions of A-2s and although i read all the posts of the forum i have to say that im more confused than before..i ve concluded that deciding the size is just pure luck because one manufacturer says 42 while the other for the same measurement says 44 or 46 ..
my measurements are 41.5 chest ,my waist 39.5 and my sleeve from shoulder is 22.5
also a fit bike jacket i have is pit to pit 22.8 ,sleeve from shoulder 23.8 and shoulder to shoulder 18.9
my question is simple ..does any of you have similar measurements like me so to conclude for the size for a mil fit ?
some manufactures told me a 42 others 40 and others 44 what can is say .....?im confused and im trying to avoid any back and forth mailing with jackets..
sorry for my bad English :)

Edward

Bartender
Hi there. Many folks on here will be able to provide you with different manufacturer's measurements. Your best bet, though, is to decide upon which company you wish to go with (assuming buying new), and given them your measurements and ask which jacket will best fit that. Myself, I vary between a 42 & a 44 in jackets, but I have learned that the best fit comes from a jacket which actually measures 45.5-46" around the chest, so I go with whichever size gives me that actual measurement.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Edward is correct. When you find something you're interested in, contact them. All the premier jacket makers have top notch people to advise you. They want customers and will assist you through the sale.
The problems by some of the makers is that they have made slight changes with their patterns over the years to appease their buyers. Many of the discrepancies we speak of are from jackets made in different years. You will find many used jackets on the market and sometimes you find these differences.
The best advice is to visit a tailor to make a professional measurement wearing whatever clothing you intend to usually wear with it. I say this because most like a trim fit. If you're going to wear thick sweaters under the jacket, it'll be too tight.
Forward those measurements to the company and they will guide you from there.
Each contract of original jackets also had specific cuts as well. Their customer care people will make recommendations as to what will work best for you.
Good luck!
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn