Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
418c3bec.jpg

62e1a923.jpg

822c97c9.jpg

0f6ac058.jpg

The center of the bow is not as dark compared to to the rest of the ribbon, as is shown in this picture. The camera picked up the extra layers of grosgrain so it looks like a different shade... This is really only visible under constant, direct light.

Last edited:

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Thanks, guys!

Alan, I learned some tricks about metering, so I'd say they're mostly accurate. I shot the outdoors ones with flash; metering about -1 1/3 to -1, and flash metering - 1 1/3. I think the 'darkness' of the felt is pretty much true, if a little too dark; and the purple tones may be more prominent in real-life. The ribbon is burgundy, and shows a lot lighter in the pictures than in person.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The two new Optimo's, Aureliano's and Fluteplayer's, are two of the nicest hats I've seen on the lounge for a while.

Looking forward to seeing yours now, jlee!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Very nice! The ribbon is simple, yet so elegant... Congratulations on a great hat, Flute!

Fantastic, flute... Is the felt color accurate in the outside photos? Congratulations!

Oh god that hat is gorgeous.

Beautiful hat! How wide is the ribbon?

Niiice one, Flute! very impressive.

The two new Optimo's, Aureliano's and Fluteplayer's, are two of the nicest hats I've seen on the lounge for a while.

Looking forward to seeing yours now, jlee!

THANK YOU! The ribbon width is identical to the 'Dillinger' model, I forgot the exact ligne amount, but it's about 1 5/8".

Wojo

Familiar Face
I stopped in at Optimo today to have some work done. All I can say is that the name Optimo is not a misnomer. IMO

They had a hat in there in a color from a couple of years ago called "mink". WOW If they had a body still it would have my name on it. Anybody have any pics of hats in that color? If so please share.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I recently had the good fortune to be able to acquire an Optimo from another Lounger, the first time I've been able to wear one of these fine hats.

The hat was originally creased with a teardrop that I thought looked rather boxy. I'm more of a curve guy so I used my block to bring back to open crown and I gave the hat a center crease - I like it much better. The USPS seems to have little respect for nice hats and I had a little work to do to get out all the unplanned shape changes - nearly there though!

Anyway, here are some pics. The colour is Falcon Grey, crown 5 3/4 (open) and the bound brim 2 5/8.

D328145-L.jpg
D328148-L.jpg
D328150-L.jpg
D328155-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys - not everyday one gets the chance to grab one of these at a good price.

Hatto - here's a quick shot from yesterday, by the lake in Laconia, NH.

smugshot2855179-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou