Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Optimo Mineral Gray Velour.

studio1.jpg

Bravo, Alejandro! :eusa_clap You have had an extraordinary, Optimo Summer!

GamaH

A-List Customer
So, only the "normal" felts are going up for now? I was considering an Optimo 1000 but I can't decide on the style to get. If they're not going up, that's great news.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Optimo Mineral Gray Velour.
I don't even know what to say about this felt. Amazing? Extraordinary?
It's soft suede-like finish. Light and luxurious. Take a look guys!

studio1.jpg

Liner/Sweat:

1-2.jpg

Alejandro; This is a hat! I have admired many of your posted hats, but this one is THE HAT. I love your new hat - it just says class and has huge eye appeal. I have come back the pics a couple of times, as it prompts different reactions each time. I recall an engineering design class I had as an undergrad and recongize the "upswept" of the crown and turn of the hat to the creases as a design feature incorporated in modern autos ith the intent to influence the minds eye to see speed or potential swiftness. The surface of the felt is read by the eye as rich. I know from design classes in college the line that exists between the eye seeing "rough vs. velvet." This hat is definately velvet - velvet to spare wthout going to far. Nice work by the maker. The overall dimensions and ratios are just as my eye/mind expects them. The physical image matches the mental image and all is well! Good read by the maker. The color has enough highights to suggest a depth of color. For me, my experiences, and influences it reads class (overall dimensions/ratio), velvet texture - RICH, and a depth of color - hue appeal equating traditional color expectations with more that really makes this hat stand out.

For me this is a stand-out hat. Certainly of the hats I have seen on the FL recently-Stand Out! STAND-OUT hat!

Congrats and wear this hat proudly, Eric -

(In the case I have been to subtle - I do like this hat.)

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Alejandro; This is a hat! I have admired many of your posted hats, but this one is THE HAT. I love your new hat - it just says class and has huge eye appeal. I have come back the pics a couple of times, as it prompts different reactions each time. I recall an engineering design class I had as an undergrad and recongize the "upswept" of the crown and turn of the hat to the creases as a design feature incorporated in modern autos For me this is a stand-out hat. Certainly of the hats I have seen on the FL recently-Stand Out! STAND-OUT hat Congrats and wear this hat proudly, Eric -(In the case I have been to subtle - I do like this hat.)

Thank you for your kind words, Eric. I find it so interesting that you mention engineering and auto design: When I was talking about the design with the folks at Optimo, I remember mentioning, either to Graham of Tiffani, that I want something that would remind me of a vintage Jaguar, I said to them "I hope that makes sense"... Luckily, Graham was able to read me perfectly.
I chose the color because of the silver hue of the gray and told Graham to add the triple stitching to resemble the stile of vintage hats back in the day. On the whole, it's a very adaptable hat, somehow industrial, elegant, yet simple enough to wear with casual clothes too. I love it. Thanks again for your comment.
A-

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your kind words, Eric. I find it so interesting that you mention engineering and auto design: When I was talking about the design with the folks at Optimo, I remember mentioning, either to Graham of Tiffani, that I want something that would remind me of a vintage Jaguar, I said to them "I hope that makes sense"... Luckily, Graham was able to read me perfectly.
I chose the color because of the silver hue of the gray and told Graham to add the triple stitching to resemble the stile of vintage hats back in the day. On the whole, it's a very adaptable hat, somehow industrial, elegant, yet simple enough to wear with casual clothes too. I love it. Thanks again for your comment.
A-

A - Your request for the industrial, elegant, yet simple, containing tradional lines was met successfully and I appreciate. I will consider this as an example when I approach this business for a hat.

You are welcome and thanks for sharing.

E-

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
My Optimo arrived today! I'll get pictures up in a while. I'm considering signing up to a photo hosting site so I don't need to use Imageshack anymore. Any recommendations?

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I proudly present my first Optimo creation, the 'Michigan City'...

Oxblood felt, a lowered 'Dillinger' crown, ribbon bound edge (9L I believe), and a very RLK inspired ribbon. The credit for the dimensions and crown block go to Tiffani, I told her the image I wished to evoke, and she worked her magic... The result is a hat with ideal dimensions for my facial construction, and a decidedly vintage flair.

57244501.jpg

1815cde0.jpg

e9f2eb49.jpg

e255ae13.jpg

8da50da2.jpg

3cfbc276.jpg

70fab9a3.jpg

3cf1da72.jpg

4e8b5f01.jpg

8bbd8f0c.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics