Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

StylinLA

Familiar Face
A bummer they seem to have been tapped out, but as a person who wears my hats many days of the week, I have to say the oxblood is amazingly versatile.

One of the best color/ribbon combos I've come across for a pretty conservative hat. Stands out nicely too and gets noticed having little to do with the movie.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a birthday coming up sooner than I'd like to think about, but the up side is I got the nod from Mrs. BobC today for my second Optimo. Coincidentally, I received the samples I requested today also. ;) Tiffany sent five different grays. I'm interested in three of them: the anthracite gray lightweight, the slate gray lightweight and the thunder gray classic weight (which is very similar to the slate gray). Does anybody out there have an Optimo lightweight, particularly in any of the colors I've mentioned?

norton

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
Does anybody out there have an Optimo lightweight, particularly in any of the colors I've mentioned?

I have a moss lightweight that I really like, its my only Optimo.

It is lightweight, Tiffini recommended having the brim edge bound with ribbon or turned under. I got it with the edge bound, the additional stiffness is welcome.

Jabos

A-List Customer
bruce wayne said:
I was in the shop today & they have ONE hat left in Oxblood. Already made up in a 7 5/8 with a 2 1/4 to 2 3/8 underwelt in the Dillinger style
Any word on whether they will carry the color next season? I can't imagine they would not carry it again. I hope they are just playing it up to sell hats for now.

BobC

I spoke to Tiffany last week. I was interested in their thunder gray. She told me they were out of it and wouldn't be getting any more. She said they usually do a color run one time.

By the way, I ended up ordering a slate gray lightweight for my birthday. The slate is very similar to the thunder gray.

Aerol

A-List Customer
Jabos said:
Any word on whether they will carry the color next season? I can't imagine they would not carry it again. I hope they are just playing it up to sell hats for now.

For the most part, Optimo runs colors for only one year. The Oxblood was brought back, but this was an exception. I wouldn't expect to see it again.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I'm confused now...

So did they bring the oxblood back? The site says it's a 2010 color. And is there any difference between black and anthracite?

Thanks,
flute

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Last question. Do you have to visit them in person to order? I live in Michigan, and it's a long drive to get there. I have no time to drive 800 miles to the south side of Chicago, but I really want a Dillinger. Any ideas on what to do?

Mulceber

Practically Family
So what does a 2010 color mean? Does it mean that they will be getting a new run of it this year, or was the 2010 run the new one that they already had? -M

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Mulceber said:
So what does a 2010 color mean? Does it mean that they will be getting a new run of it this year, or was the 2010 run the new one that they already had? -M

If I'm not completely mistaken, they are renewing it for this year, so the total spread is from 2009 to the end of 2010.

Bruce Wayne

fluteplayer07 said:
Last question. Do you have to visit them in person to order? I live in Michigan, and it's a long drive to get there. I have no time to drive 800 miles to the south side of Chicago, but I really want a Dillinger. Any ideas on what to do?

You can call them up. You don't have to visit them in person, but it is one heck of an experience!

Mulceber said:

A 2010 colour means this it is currently available & released in late 2009 for a 2010 run.

fluteplayer07 said:
If I'm not completely mistaken, they are renewing it for this year, so the total spread is from 2009 to the end of 2010.

Actually, till about August, or until they run out of the colour. Which they have of a few of the colours.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Since the bodies are a custom run for them, not stock from a supplier, there is a fixed quantity of them to work with for the year. The colors are introduced in September. If there is greater demand for a particular color/size they may run out sooner(such as Oxblood) and if lesser demand they may have some leftover from a previous year that are still available.

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Ooohhh. I'm a mobster now. (Well, I already have a second hand Optimo, but this is my first custom!)

Forest green felt with black olive ribbon.

797330172_2qN4x-M.jpg

797345944_9zdqE-M.jpg

I really like the forest green. Same principle as oxblood- nearly black, but with a hint of colour.

Lining:
797329876_cX9dV-M.jpg

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Lexybeast said:
Ooohhh. I'm a mobster now. (Well, I already have a second hand Optimo, but this is my first custom!)

Forest green felt with black olive ribbon.
That hat is absolutely stunning and I am absolutely stunned:eek:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I think that I am going to be calling Tiffany as soon as I can stretch to it!:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80