Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orange?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was wondering what color of blazer/sportcoat/what-have-you works well with the color Orange.

I'm not talking obnoxious neon "Tennessee" orange (I'm from there, so I can say that lol). I am partial to the colors green to dark or "burnt" orange, and I've found a shirt as such, but I'm not up on colors and fashion.

If there is a thread already like this, I will do some searching and find it. Feel free to delete this thread.

Thank you for your time :D.

Edward

Bartender
When I wore an orange shirt, I went with this...

CandyBoxVI012.jpg

I should think, unless you want a similarly flamboyant overall effect, you'd be best sticking to dark colours - black, charcoal grey, or a very deep green.

Navin323i

Practically Family
^^^ Hey Dixon... "binge" rhymes with orange. :D

Neophyte - You and I share the same interest in colors (I love orange and green, both of which are considered holy colors in my parents native country of India). :)

As for blazer color I'd say brown could work with orange... possibly a lighter shade of brown or even tan.

I picked up some sneakers last weekend (New Balance) that are a really cool shade of dark green with orange shoelaces... I would definitely sport those shoes with an orange shirt.

Neophyte

Navin323i said:
^^^ Hey Dixon... "binge" rhymes with orange. :D

Neophyte - You and I share the same interest in colors (I love orange and green, both of which are considered holy colors in my parents native country of India). :)

As for blazer color I'd say brown could work with orange... possibly a lighter shade of brown or even tan.

I picked up some sneakers last weekend (New Balance) that are a really cool shade of dark green with orange shoelaces... I would definitely sport those shoes with an orange shirt.

Very cool!
I was hoping this was such, as the blazer I currently own is brown with slight hues of green (it's wool imitating tweed pattern, I suppose). This is excellent, thanks!

Neophyte

Edward said:

CandyBoxVI012.jpg

I should think, unless you want a similarly flamboyant overall effect, you'd be best sticking to dark colours - black, charcoal grey, or a very deep green.

The color itself is a very dark burnt orange, similar in color to the thumbs down symbol on my post. Also, lol!
I will post a picture in a second, it might be better to have a visual aid for a question like this.

Neophyte

Alright, these are pretty much all the shirts I own right now, and that last one is my favorite. It's the one I'm talking about:

ShirtColors.jpg

Navin323i

Practically Family
Edward said:

CandyBoxVI012.jpg

lol Photobucket is actually blocked at my work site so I didn't see your picture until now... they should seriously consider casting you in a future Batman movie as the next Joker. :)

Now getting back to the orange shirt... if you were to go with a lighter shade of brown or tan. lose the blue vest, and maybe go with a khaki pant color then the orange shouldn't look as flamboyant as it does in that picture.

Nice costume, Edward. :)

sbhva

Familiar Face
Edward said:

CandyBoxVI012.jpg

Oh, Man! I'm gonna have nightmares tonight .......

Neophyte

Turns out it works *well enough*, though I think I need a wider ribbon on the hat lol. The white lights at my sink are doing nothing for my complexion, though lol:

CampdraftDressedUp.jpg

Neophyte

GriffDeLaGriff said:
You look sharp!!!! I think the hat and the shirt both make you look interesting :eusa_clap

Thank you so much!

I just started updating my wardrobe this summer, including wearing hats.

I've got an induction ceremony into another honor society less than a month from now, and I'm trying to figure out what works with what I have, because after all this there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to buy another coat, shirt, or hat in time lol.

Thanks everybody, this has been very helpful :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Neophyte said:
Turns out it works *well enough*, though I think I need a wider ribbon on the hat lol. The white lights at my sink are doing nothing for my complexion, though lol:

CampdraftDressedUp.jpg

Please don't touch the ribbon... it's perfect. We don't see enough Campdraft/Open Road type hats around with their sharp looking narrow ribbons. And boy am I sick of Indiana Jones fedoras... lol

Neophyte

Seb Lucas said:
Please don't touch the ribbon... it's perfect. We don't see enough Campdraft/Open Road type hats around with their sharp looking narrow ribbons. And boy am I sick of Indiana Jones fedoras... lol

You're absolutely correct! I don't know what got into me lol. Thanks :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo