Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering an Akubra from Everything Australian

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Shel, I got the same hat from EverythingAustralian. I noticed a little lag in communication, but I think part of that was really due to the time difference. I do recall it seemed like it took forever to get here (Seattle), but looking back on it I realize I was just anxious to get the hat.

I'd wager you'll have your hat very soon. My hat was shipped the day after the card was charged, and after that it's up to the Australian and US postal systems.

I'd order from EverythingAustralian again. Hope your Stylemaster gets to you soon.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I think most orders on EA have a pulldown tab with the wait list. If I recall most have a 3 month wait, as they are ordered from the factory.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I ordered my first Akubra from Everything Australian and I was frustrated by the wait, too. But I did get my hat within the 3 month stated wait time. Since then I've ordered Akubra hats from Hats Direct. They answer emails, keep you updated on your order status, etc. I don't have anything against Everything Australian but I prefer to buy from Hats Direct now.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just received a Banjo Patterson from EA, and it was delivered as promised. When I ordered it I got a confirmation quickly and then a follow up e-mail to tell they were out of my size and that it would be four weeks to get it back in stock. They offered me to wait or to cancel my order. I chose to wait, and they had the hat in four weeks, shipped it to me with a ten days arrival estimation. That occurred as well.

This one was the second Akubra I've bought from them and I do have a third ordered from them with a three month wait.

I've had good service from them. They're slower than Hatsdirect, but they tell you that up front, and their prices and shipping are lower.

G MAN

One of the Regulars
The Stylemaster in Acorn Fawn is not shown as a three month wait except for sizes 62 or larger so unless they informed you otherwise I would expect the hat to arrive this week.

Shel

New in Town
Everything Australian

Thanks to all for the good information. I guess I'll just put it on the back burner and be surprised when it comes. Maybe some big, jolly, bearded, overworked, selfless guy will bring it to me in a couple of weeks.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I ordered my mid-brown Stylemaster from EA in mid-late September and it arrived the day before Thanksgiving. It always took a couple of days to get a response to my emails (which I attributed to the time differences), but Sam always got back to me. I've heard good things about Hats Direct, and may order from them in the future, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from EA again, either. Good luck and I hope you enjoy that Stylemaster!

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Well after reading some of the post here on this thread and placing my first order for two Akubra Hats the Stylemaster in dark blue and a Campdraft in fawn. I was put on the dreaded three month waiting list and I placed my order in late September. I thought I better contact them since I have had no update. It also sounded like there response time to e-mail was not too forthcoming I decided to e-mail them and ask about my order.

Everything Australian replied in two days which I thought was quite fast considering the time difference. They stated that my order would be ready to ship in early January.

So Now I Have Been Notified my hats have been shipped and will be delivered in 10 days. Well so much for a hat box under the tree since the hats have been shipped on December 22nd. But I think it is going to be a great way to bring in the New Year

Hats are like potato chips, You just can't have one!! :eek:

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Everything Australian

I bought an Akubra Stylemaster (mid gray) from Everything Australian Monday night. With shipping, it was $22 cheaper than the same hat from Hats Direct. Couple of questions:

1. Any thoughts as to why Everything Australian was so much cheaper?

2. This is my first purchase from Everything Australian. They told me that Akubra has "just reopened" (from the holidays?) and my hat will ship next week. 10 days estimated shipping time. Any opinions on customer service from EA? Also, is Akubra usually timely with shipping? (Okay, so I want my damn hat.)

BobC

I take it that EA has your color of Stylemaster in stock? Many times their orders require a 3 month wait because they don't stock the hats but order them from Akubra when you place your order.

Generally I have found EA's service to be quite acceptable, their prices more reasonable and their wait time extended. That said, they have never promised me something and not delivered, but usually their wait is longer than say, Hatsdirect.

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Yes, they had the color in stock. I thought about the moonstone, but that would have been a three-month wait. I think I'll get a Federation in moonstone in the next month or two.

BobC

Then I think you will be happy with EA. I have ordered from them three times and have no complaints at all.

Swagman

New in Town
It seems to me that most of the cost difference is wrapped up in the shipping. That's a shame since the service after it leaves the Hatsdirect dock is no different than when it leaves the EA dock. A reasonable handling fee is understandable for packaging, int'l shipping, but not twice the price.

As to the Stylemaster, both Hats and EA offer both the Acorn and dark grey, but EA offers all the other colors with a wait. Hats only offers the two colors on-line. You would probably have to ask them for the other colors and end up on a waiting list just as with EA.

Other than the Fed, I really don't know that Hats offers any greater value with the other Akubras that are stocked.

jec

One of the Regulars
Happy with EA

I ordered a Stylemaster, also in mid-gray, from EA back in late October. I received it exactly 23 days later. I was very pleased with their service and would order from them again in a moment. I agree that their prices were better than those offered by Hats Direct.

I posted photos of the hat in another thread:http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34674&
I think my photo is on page 17 or 18 of the thread.

Good luck waiting for your hat!

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
jecoe,

Thanks for the pics. I never get a firm idea of the hat color from the seller's online pics. Yours is much better.

Is Hatsdirect the only seller of the Federation? That's my understanding from the website.

panama jack

One of the Regulars
Gilgamark,
I just received notification from Everything Australian this morning telling me my Akubra Stylemaster in medium grey will be shipped out today. I placed my order on Oct. 4th. The delay was because I asked to change the color of the ribbon to black.

pj

smokepiper

New in Town
Trouble With Everything Australian?

I've been dealing with Sam at EA. He's courteous and promptly returns emails. However, I'm now in my 16th week of waiting for a 7 1/8 silver belly Campdraft. I would expected such a protracted process for a bespoke hat, but a normal sized production model? C'mon! Let's kill some bunnies and make some hats.

Has anyone else been having problems with EA or Akubra? What's the longest wait any lounger has waited for a CD?

I'm just getting tired of receiving "I'll let you know" emails. I want to vent a bit and my wife just rolls her eyes about another hat. :roll eyes:

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto