Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering an Akubra from Everything Australian

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ManofKent- Sam confirmed that there was a mistake and the hat was not produced. Nothing he can do about it at this point so I chose a Woomera instead. Not what I wanted but who knows, I might like it. A new hat is more exciting than a refund.

Looks a good hat. Too western for my part of the world, but with that nice tall open crown, it's on my watch list as a hat that would be great for a brim trim and fedora conversion :)

Hope you enjoy it.

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Brian, Akubra seems to have discontinued the Silver Spur. So it may no longer be available. Sam should be able to tell you that. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get right back to you with an update.

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
The hat is discontinued now but it wasn't four months ago when I ordered it. I paid for the hat and recieved an order confirmation email. I then waited over four months and decided to ask about my order. Sam apologized and said that there was some mistake and he wasn't going to be able to fulfill my order. He asked me what I'd like to do. I didn't really want a refund so I chose a different hat.

viclip

Practically Family
The other day my Akubra Campdraft in Bluegrass Green in 61 cm. (size 7-5/8) arrived from Everything Australian. I had ordered it in mid-November. A few days later Sam had dropped me an email advising that there would be a short delay, that was no problem for me. Anyways it took about 3 weeks for my latest acquisition to arrive from down under, inclusive of Canadian customs clearance. I'm quite pleased with the service, nice hat too!

runningbare

New in Town
Has anybody used the faster shipping from E A?? My campdraft shipped nov.28 and it's still in LA..I wonder if it is just as safe as the 10 day shipping by registered mail.

new2hats

A-List Customer
For what it's worth, I ordered a Kiandra from Everything Australia.au. approximately three months before I received it. It was my first Akubra, and also first time ordering a hat from outside of this country. Everything went as planned. The price was excellent and that hat was excellent. I received an email confirmation after I ordered the hat, then another email stating that it was shipped, with 10 days shipping. It came as expected. I guess, if you are not in a rush, it is a good place to order from.

I would/will order from EA again, they have proven themselves to me.

Snowman

Practically Family
Reviving this old thread. After several days of sitting on a decision, I went ahead and placed an order for a Bluegrass Green Campdraft from Everything Australian. The price was much lower than any other retailer, US or Australian, and lower than many second-hand hats I have seen on the ‘bay. We will see how long it takes now…

Last edited:

StoryPNW

Practically Family
Reviving this old thread. After several days of sitting on a decision, I went ahead and placed an order for a Bluegreen Campdraft from Everything Australian. The price was much lower than any other retailer, US or Australian, and lower than many second-hand hats I have seen on the ‘bay. We will see how long it takes now…
I ordered an Akubra Stockman from them two years ago and it arrived at my home in Oregon 8 days after I ordered it, I was super happy with the whole transaction.

Snowman

Practically Family
It’s been 30 days since ordering, and so far, nothing. The site said “leaves warehouse in one business day“ when I ordered, and my invoice says the same. Now the site says there is a 6 month wait. I may be caught in between the last stock item and a made to order hat.

Snowman

Practically Family
Update: In response to my email inquiry, Tim apologised and said there had been an error in their stock count at the time of my order. He offered to let me switch to a silverbelly campdraft which was in stock, or if I couldn’t wait 6 months, to cancel. Since bluegrass green is hard to get at the moment, and the price was right, I suppose I will wait. I already have three hats on the way this month, and by May a new hat will be a nice surprise.

Snowman

Practically Family
I received an email from Everything Australian on Wednesday saying my order has shipped. Order was placed October 30, and 6 months would place it here in April-May, so things are ahead of schedule. The follow up from Australia Post said to expect delays in the 8-10 day timeframe due to limited flights. I’ll still be happy.

Snowman

Practically Family
036DE187-6945-4A9E-850A-0181B16D7F6B.jpeg

Ordered October 30, delivered March 1.

Snowman

Practically Family
I w
I can’t remember, do they charge your card up front or when they ship the hat?
I was charged when the order was placed. After four months it seems almost like getting a free hat. :)

One of the reasons I accepted the wait was that the price at that time was the lowest I had seen, and the exchange rate was starting to rise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ