Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original B-15D MOD

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Just got this jacket and here are some shots of it. It is just about as mint as mint can be. I know it was never drycleaned and worn little if at all. The USAF decal is mint and the white star and USAF inside the jacket is rarely seen. I have one question this metal pen cap was in one of the small pockets on the side pocket. Never seen that (see the photo) Note also the color of the collar is different from the original knits just like on the BR B-15D mod I had. Enjoy.
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

p1010335.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great jacket.

A real jet-jockey jacket if ever there was one:eusa_clap

Metal caps at the botton of the narrow pen holder slits were there to prevent any ink leaks from the pens and also to stop the pens/pencils eventually wearing through the nylon material. (Hope that makes sense).

bobbyball

One of the Regulars
Well done!

These are pretty rare finds nowadays. It looks in fab condition. I have a Buzz Rickson which I love as the fit on these is quite different to the later MA1.

The only thing I have that could compare to this in terms of condition is an unissued (it came in a sealed bag of issue with paper order label on the inside of the bag!) Albert Turner 1959 dated MA1.

I think once you have owned these early nylon jackets and see what Buzz Rickson do it makes you realise the work of engineering that went into these jackets. I think they still look very space age – imagine what they looked like in late 40s/50s america when people were still wearing wool, cotton and gabardine clothing. The pilots must have looked like something from outer space!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails