Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

A cool hat from a brand I had not heard of.. decided to take a flyer on

Fox Hats of St Paul, MN. Size tag does look familiar

0D1C542B-89E7-46ED-9EC0-173494FEB769.jpeg
11C2323D-AAA9-4817-AD41-D0245938BC63.jpeg
E219C30F-A434-42F8-B464-B8AD406DFF29.jpeg
1055DB84-9B47-43CA-9544-2869A59FF8F8.jpeg
283C1EEC-2338-41C3-B9F4-F248DE56B83F.jpeg

In the current situation I might not make it there or, if I did, make it back! This would be hat worth taking a trip to Paris for though (under normal circumstances). Let's see if it's still on sale in a few months.

Since I got my second Covid vaccination I’m invincible! :) A trip to Paris sound nice...a trip anywhere sounds nice. I can’t wait for the world to start spinning again.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
My wife's O'Farrell needed just a slight bump in size, but none of the stretchers I have will fit in it. So I go "out there" and land this old one (yet to be delivered).

img.axd

But that's not why I'm posting. Included with this was what was listed as a "wooden architectural piece".

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

I think the stamped initials are for a railroad and the only one I find that fits is the Selma, Marion & Memphis Railroad (1868 - 1881) out of Greensboro, Alabama.

https://www.alabamapioneers.com/gen...ad-in-greensboro-alabama-after-the-civil-war/

Anyone have any clue what this thing is? If nothing else I can put it on the wall and hang a hat from it. :rolleyes:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Cool find, Bob. We'll be interested to see what it is!

My wife's O'Farrell needed just a slight bump in size, but none of the stretchers I have will fit in it. So I go "out there" and land this old one (yet to be delivered).

img.axd

But that's not why I'm posting. Included with this was what was listed as a "wooden architectural piece".

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

I think the stamped initials are for a railroad and the only one I find that fits is the Selma, Marion & Memphis Railroad (1868 - 1881) out of Greensboro, Alabama.

https://www.alabamapioneers.com/gen...ad-in-greensboro-alabama-after-the-civil-war/

Anyone have any clue what this thing is? If nothing else I can put it on the wall and hang a hat from it. :rolleyes:

View attachment 314566 View attachment 314567
My intensions and thoughts exactly when i got mine, Joe. But the brainiac in me thought it needed a bath. Can’t remember what i used but don’t think it was Coleman. Now it looks like this.
B
View attachment 314566 View attachment 314567
My intensions and thoughts exactly when i got mine, Joe. But the brainiac in me thought it needed a bath. Can’t remember what i used but don’t think it was Coleman. Now it looks like this.
B

Send that to @belfastboy He can re-dye the felt, re-block and re-flange it, put your liner back in, and???

And how about this: we roll the dice on the border reopening this summer/fall and we do some fishing in Campbell River, BC. Afterwards we can swing by and pick up your hat in person and take Robert out to dinner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_River,_British_Columbia

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Send that to @belfastboy He can re-dye the felt, re-block and re-flange it, put your liner back in, and???

And how about this: we roll the dice on the border reopening this summer/fall and we do some fishing in Campbell River, BC. Afterwards we can swing by and pick up your hat in person and take Robert out to dinner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_River,_British_Columbia
Salmon capital of the world....
I’m afraid Brent, that’s a ship that’s sailed for me. My head says hell yes, but my body says don’t even think it fella. I doubt i’d be able to backpack the defibrillator all that way. Probably end up varmint feed. I’ll just dream it and try to hit a few local streams with the Son and get him on the road to fly fishing serenity. Thanks
The Rainbow hat may get some more homegrown work but it’s got stiff competition from some siblings.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner