Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Jumped the gun a bit. This hat was listed as a size 62, decent price. Click. Might be a black homburg, but I know the brand and they make fine hats. Scroll a bit ahead and find the pic they based the size on:rolleyes:
chis1.jpeg
chis2.jpeg
chis4.jpeg
chis7.jpeg

Still worth it at the price, but unfortunately not a size 62. Wonder what the size turns out to be.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Jumped the gun a bit. This hat was listed as a size 62, decent price. Click. Might be a black homburg, but I know the brand and they make fine hats. Scroll a bit ahead and find the pic they based the size on:rolleyes:
View attachment 336723 View attachment 336724 View attachment 336725 View attachment 336726
Still worth it at the price, but unfortunately not a size 62. Wonder what the size turns out to be.

Betcha a quarter it is a 59, or there abouts.

Max is probably right. I think I remember reading a discussion by a lounger that said running a tape around the outside of the hat ribbon and all he found most of his hats measured right about two sizes bigger.

Max is probably right. I think I remember reading a discussion by a lounger that said running a tape around the outside of the hat ribbon and all he found most of his hats measured right about two sizes bigger.

I run into sellers doing this from time to time. I get that it’s easier to measure accurately than the inside circumference, but it’s of little value. The thickness of the sweatband, the thickness of the felt and the ribbon, and the type of bow all contribute to a lot of variables. As small differences in those measurements make a big difference on fit I find them to be of little use.

I normally pass by any sewn together hats but this Barbisio grabbed my attention. One or two sizes too small for me, but I was intrigued. The seller charged me little more than shipping so....

View attachment 338463 View attachment 338464 View attachment 338465 View attachment 338466 View attachment 338467 View attachment 338468 View attachment 338469

I don’t have any expectations so I can’t be disappointed.
I've seen some different hats from Barbisio, but this has got to be one of the strangest so far. Very interesting though. Looks like it was made under license. The liner is gorgeous and the "piel nutria" logo on the sweatband is kind of cute.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I normally pass by any sewn together hats but this Barbisio grabbed my attention. One or two sizes too small for me, but I was intrigued. The seller charged me little more than shipping so....

View attachment 338463 View attachment 338464 View attachment 338465 View attachment 338466 View attachment 338467 View attachment 338468 View attachment 338469

I don’t have any expectations so I can’t be disappointed.
I wonder if it is stitched together from nutria pelts rather than from felt... I must agree with Stefan as to its strangeness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR