Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

This is listed as a Stetson 4X Beaver Grizzly:

DE09F19E-48C1-4F27-ADC5-5ED16DCB5EDC.jpeg

Just the one image, the size (7 1/4) and the price: $500!!

I’m leaving this for someone else…I do love the color and the nap of the felt.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
A few years ago Stetson had an employee who did his best to bring back some of the great old hats and styling, but he has moved on and Stetson isn’t making many open crown fedoras at the moment. Stetson has been making hats with the Stetsonian name for around 100 years and the older ones are quite valuable. Your modern, yet discontinued, hats are well-regarded for the modern age. Many of us here own one or more of them. There is definitely a market for them. If the condition is excellent I’d say maybe as high as $150. You never know and some great hats languish and some average hats sell way above their value. I’d hit you up on the 7 5/8 but I already have that same hat.

Some reading for you:

Thanks Brent — your replies are always very helpful and much appreciated.

I’m still learning how to navigate this site and how to access its treasure trove of information. I now know to “search by title only” and just maybe you’ll find exactly what you need :). Thanks for the link!

These hats are pretty much new so this does appear to be a nice find. These will likely land on eBay here shortly.

Thanks Brent — your replies are always very helpful and much appreciated.

I’m still learning how to navigate this site and how to access its treasure trove of information. I now know to “search by title only” and just maybe you’ll find exactly what you need :). Thanks for the link!

These hats are pretty much new so this does appear to be a nice find. These will likely land on eBay here shortly.

Most of us don’t use the site’s search function. I get much better results using Google to search The Fedora Lounge.

50E404D7-C811-4984-B50A-441624DB5AF7.jpeg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Saw this Golden Coach Dobbs on Etsy. At that price, I'd buy it myself if I didn't have one already.
Any takers?

Saw this Golden Coach Dobbs on Etsy. At that price, I'd buy it myself if I didn't have one already.
Any takers?
Nice hat, but not my size.
That last picture though has me thinking we've stumbled upon one of those horror scenarios where something creepy is captured inadvertently! I mean: what is this?!
1645861787562.png

I was watching a Stetson Whippet on an on-line auction site and had registered early and put in an initial bid. This was for a live auction later in the day so I held off on bidding any higher until the lot came up. Things were moving pretty quickly in the early lots and when the Whippet did come up my original bid was holding for 10 or 20 seconds and I thought I would win. Then someone else's bid finally came in and I hit "bid" for the next increment. A screen popped up for me to register for the auction again. I'm thinking "WTF?" and quickly filled it out again and bid. It said I had to bid a different amount, but there was no place to enter it ... it just showed the next increment which is what I was hitting. It finally appeared to take it and that I had won as the scrolling "action" on the right half of the screen showed that the "Bidder from Springfield, MO" was the winner. Woot! I went off to do some chores around the house and yard.

Then, a bit later, I refresh my watch list and it showed that I was out bid. I thought maybe my re-registering gave me a new bidder number and the software was confused. Then ... after wondering about it some more ... I go look at the full auction catalog's final bids. Then I noticed what happened.

Anyone into pewter airplanes?

1646601698462.png

I was watching a Stetson Whippet on an on-line auction site and had registered early and put in an initial bid. This was for a live auction later in the day so I held off on bidding any higher until the lot came up. Things were moving pretty quickly in the early lots and when the Whippet did come up my original bid was holding for 10 or 20 seconds and I thought I would win. Then someone else's bid finally came in and I hit "bid" for the next increment. A screen popped up for me to register for the auction again. I'm thinking "WTF?" and quickly filled it out again and bid. It said I had to bid a different amount, but there was no place to enter it ... it just showed the next increment which is what I was hitting. It finally appeared to take it and that I had won as the scrolling "action" on the right half of the screen showed that the "Bidder from Springfield, MO" was the winner. Woot! I went off to do some chores around the house and yard.

Then, a bit later, I refresh my watch list and it showed that I was out bid. I thought maybe my re-registering gave me a new bidder number and the software was confused. Then ... after wondering about it some more ... I go look at the full auction catalog's final bids. Then I noticed what happened.

View attachment 407610

Those look a bit big to pin on to the ribbon of a Stratoliner. Sorry for the defeat…is shipping $70 too?

View attachment 407610
Oh no!

Mighty44

One Too Many
Those look a bit big to pin on to the ribbon of a Stratoliner. Sorry for the defeat…is shipping $70 too?

View attachment 407610
Sorry Bob—that hurts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran