Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oumuamua

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
The finer points of orthodox/fundamentalist religion are not my strong suit. I’ve read elsewhere that, if aliens proved to be real, those with strong religious beliefs would go nuts. Admittedly, I have not thought it through or studied any religious texts. But might it also be possible that fundamentalists would quickly expand their dogmas as necessary without breaking a sweat? For example “yes, well, of course god created all of the universe, not just earth… And he no doubt created these flying saucer jockeys too. Therefore, these aliens also worship him, even if they have different traditions about him or even if they now do not believe at all.” They will then scurry to find ways to “prove” this argument. Or am I assuming more flexibility than is warranted? (Although I “get” that there will always be a few numbskulls who will automatically declare the aliens as demons and go straight to the holy war option.) Mind you, I have absolutely no idea if any aliens who might be out there are we-come-in-peace Captain Kirk types, or you-will-be-assimilated Borg types. I kinda like the idea that, when first contact is made, the U.S. President and the U.N. Secretary General will be thumbing through old Star Trek Next Generation scripts to find a way forward. :)

With all ruckus already here on the plate a few more shrimp on the barbie shouldn't be any concern.

We are, in fact, the lowest rung of the evolutionary food chain in our universe; the bottom feeders, the morons, the dumbest of the dumb, and will continue to be so until we learn to no longer fear new concepts and beliefs and learn to adapt to new things.
Wow, I’m sure that statement can’t be backed up with anything factual & is obviously just your opinion, but I’m curious as to how you came to form it? Most people don’t go much farther than to form an opinion as to whether there could be life on other planets or not.

I haven’t read the new law at any length but in my opinion the general public won’t be told anything more truthful than we have ever been told unless the US gov’t is pushed to disclosure by the pressure & leaks from the government’s of our allies. And what we are being told now is to support a propaganda campaign to weaponize space. This agenda started with President Reagan’s Star Wars program. We now not only have satellites monitoring our earthly enemies but we have satellites monitoring away from our planet.

In 1954 the USAF announced thru newspaper articles to the public that two (2) satellites had been detected orbiting our planet at a time when no earthly country had the technology to launch one. It would be three more yrs (1957) before Russia would launch Sputnik, which only had the ability to stay aloft in orbit for three (3) months. No further information on these orbiting satellites was ever given.

In the early 1960’s TIME Magazine reported that a satellite had been detected to be orbiting the earth in polar orbit (circling pole to pole) while all the US & Russian satellites known at the time were in equatorial orbit. When pressed, the US Dept of Defense some wks later would state the object had been identified as debris from the satellite Discoverer but offered no explanation why it was in polar orbit. Some conspiracy theorists believe this to be the first discovery of the infamous “ Black Knight” satellite in polar orbit (some believe the Black Knight was discovered in orbit by Tesla in 1899 & again by Norwegian engineer Jørgen Hals in 1927). Declassified documents thru FOIA have since revealed that the polar satellite was actually a reconnaissance satellite, part of the US CORONA Project monitoring Soviet missile sites.

Skip forward to 1998 when Space Shuttle Endeavor (flight STS-88) photographed an unknown black object orbiting the earth. Conspiracy theorists believe this photograph to be proof of the existence of the Black Knight. Whenever I read or think about Oumuamua I always come back to the Black Knight.

4D9827C9-9E0E-43E4-B2CA-56B020C44777.jpeg

Space Shuttle Endeavor flight STS-88 was the first US mission to start construction of the International Space Station. The mission required two space walks, one of which involved wrapping four trunnion pins on the ISS node in thermal blankets to prevent heat loss through the pins' exposed metal. According to the official records of the mission one of the thermal blankets came loose from its tether, & will now be forever known as space debris item #25570. The thermal blanket was photographed & videoed several times before burning up in orbit as it fell to earth.

The thermal blanket has become the official source of the black object photographed orbiting the earth on the same mission flight. Conspiracy theorists believe the release of the thermal blanket was an intentional coverup. Watch the video to the end, compare with the photograph & you be the judge.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^^ Interesting stuff.

Do you have a link to those 1954 articles claiming satellites before there were satellites?

More out of reflex than anything else, I’ve tended to dismiss the Black Knight claims because, these days, there are so many amateur telescopes and university telescopes, etc, that you would think that someone would have released Decent evidence if there was an unknown satellite circling our planet for so many years. I am always interested in this topic. I’ve never heard the Tesla or Joergen Hals claims before. Thanks.

Regarding the weaponization of space, the race is definitely “on”:

https://www.defensenews.com/congres...-weaponize-space-says-intel-community-report/

https://www.livescience.com/spaceplane-lands-after-908-days-orbit

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/outerspace

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
All very well, but none proved hard fact. Conjecture, conspiracies what for all nothing without hard cold fact.
Shrimp on the barbie. Grassy knollers. 911 World Trade Center grassers insist fell aided by dynamite charges set structure.

Do you have a link to those 1954 articles claiming satellites before there were satellites?

More out of reflex than anything else, I’ve tended to dismiss the Black Knight claims because, these days, there are so many amateur telescopes and university telescopes, etc, that you would think that someone would have released Decent evidence if there was an unknown satellite circling our planet for so many years. I am always interested in this topic. I’ve never heard the Tesla or Joergen Hals claims before. Thanks.
I don’t have a direct link to the 1954 articles. I just know they are part of the official timeline & widely quoted. I think they can be found in the archives of Space.com & possibly even MUFON. Major Donald Keyhole was the publicist of the content for the USAF. You will recall his prior involvement in the 1947 Roswell incident. In my opinion the most logical explanation concerning the 1954 announcement is there really were no satellites, that the US found themselves behind the Soviets early in the space race (1957 launch of Sputnik) & was pressing congress for money to catch up. I don’t believe it could have been a cover story for the US CORONA reconnaissance satellite spying on the Soviets as early as 1954.

I’m undecided too on the existence of the Black Knight. There are rumors that it was photographed by the Japanese satellite probe to the moon & its superior optics just a few yrs ago. If so those pics have never been released.

There can be no scale in the few pics of the Black Knight that are out there to attempt to determine size. If you listen to the audio on the ISS video it is clear that the crew briefly discuss a walk by one of the astronauts to retrieve the thermal blanket, so it has to be close in & therefore small. If the dark object photographed could be scaled to determine its size I’m sure it would prove not to be the thermal blanket & NASA already knows that.

Tiki Tom

Article: Ten Reasons to Take UFOs Seriously.

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/3819643-10-reasons-to-take-ufos-seriously/

Basically it boils down to “UFOs are not just for tinfoil hat nutters anymore.” Governments, scientists, the military, and intelligence agencies are all taking the phenomenon seriously. And there is a lot of cases where flying anomalies have been picked up by multiple sensors.

Ok, as far as that goes. But it is both worrying and frustrating that we’ve been investigating this since WWII, and basically we still don’t have any hard proof. That begs a couple of possibilities. Maybe it’s all some sort of culturally induced fairy tale. Or maybe all these government/military officials know more than is being admitted. Of course, option #2 takes us into a slippery rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and make believe scenarios. In the meantime, the press churns out dozens of stories that tell us nothing new. Are UAP investigators ahead of the curve? Or buying into a carnival sideshow that is purely there as entertainment?

Or maybe all these government/military officials know more than is being admitted.
Or maybe all these…. …/military officials know more than is being admitted. Fixed it.

I think that is probably closer to being the truth, & why so many anonymous & retired whistleblowers are coming forward now, many on their deathbed. Just because the public hasn’t been told doesn’t mean there is nothing to shake a stick at. Even one of the four pilots (now out of the military) who were scrambled on the tic tac UFO has said only a tiny portion of all the video shot from his plane that day has been released to the public.

Researchers/investigators run the gamut. It takes due diligence & research for a researcher/investigator to document & trust an anonymous whistleblower. And it takes due diligence & research on your own part to know which researcher/investigator does good accurate work & therefore can be trusted & worthy to follow. The casual reader would never take things that far. He forms his opinion on much, much less.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Jack, your excellent commentary is certainly thought provoking. All swirl inside cauldron, stick stirred.
And Tick, the UN is a tower of Babel so just put-agenda there will only add cacophony.
Gentlemen, a quixotic enigma wrapped inside a mystery and thence a riddle. Certainly an interesting banter.

UFOs to be discussed at the United Nations for the first time since 1978.

https://www.liberationtimes.com/hom...d-at-united-nations-for-first-time-since-1978
Probably long overdue but somehow I doubt much real information or technology will be shared by the stronger nations to the weaker. Most of the smaller & weaker nations hardly have an economy capable of supporting any type of budget in this area of research. They look for shared research & technology. And the UN has no control over nonmember countries.

Speaking of budgets all of a sudden at least 11 countries have ongoing efforts to reach the moon in the next 2 yrs, & beyond. Details & reasons can be scant other than laying groundwork for lunar outposts & a launching post to Mars. Could some small countries be seeing a potential business opportunity to grow their economy? Are there ruins of a past civilization on the backside of the moon, & could it hold potential technology? What is there to lay claim to & why now?

Here are the most notable countries in competition & what is known about their plans:

NASA’s Artemis I mission
NASA supporting companies thru its Commercial Lunar Payload Services to carry out relatively small-scale missions.

The Soviet Union plans a moon mission within a yr. They also have a payload launch program with smaller allies.

China is planning Chang’e-6, its next return mission to the moon for 2024.

Japan
India’s Chandrayaan-3
the European Space Agency plans a moon landing & beyond in deep space exploration

Luxembourg
Israel
Italy

South Korea plans a moon landing with its Korean Pathfinder Lunar Orbiter (KPLO)

United Arab Emirates plans a moon landing with its Rashid rover.

Some of these countries have never even had a space program until just recently. Is it strictly Imperialism?

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Probably long overdue but somehow I doubt much real information or technology will be shared by the stronger nations to the weaker. Most of the smaller & weaker nations hardly have an economy capable of supporting any type of budget in this area of research. They look for shared research & technology. And the UN has no control over nonmember countries.

Speaking of budgets all of a sudden at least 11 countries have ongoing efforts to reach the moon in the next 2 yrs, & beyond. Details & reasons can be scant other than laying groundwork for lunar outposts & a launching post to Mars. Could some small countries be seeing a potential business opportunity to grow their economy?

Some of these countries have never even had a space program until just recently. Is it strictly Imperialism?
India's bare bone mathematical lunar landing the other year or so while impressive, good kick but to what end?
Other nations with all the terra firma to occupy them are hard put to make valid case for space.
Economic cause is plausible but with attendant cost it's in for a penny, in for a pound. Unless in for the long haul.
Prestige and world applause alone are insufficient to justify jingo bingoism but it sells sweepstake tickets.

Tiki Tom

The US military has said they have scrambled fighter jets or otherwise filmed 300 UAP incidents since the 2004 “tic tac” incident. Why haven’t those videos been released, in full disclosure? Why mention those incidents other than to alarm Congress?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko