Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Forgotten Man said:
I say whosoever wish to own an auto, it must be pre 1958! We gotta think Cuba on this :D lol

We'd have top restoration shops, also mechanics who fabricate parts on site for any make and model for any year up to '57 or so. We'd have deals struck with Coker tire to distribute quality rubber bias ply tires for our autos.

Also, a few gas stations that look just like this Associated station.

8301.jpg

Now that is a fillin' station!!!:D

Agreed until you got to Coker. I prefer Diamond Back classic radials. They last about three times longer than Coker's and cost much less. :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
No limit. No reserve. That's modern thinking.
The big three rule in this town. ;) :p

I thought we were trying to escape from Modern Thinking! lol lol lol

See, that's what I get for ....:eek:

carter said:
I thought we were trying to escape from Modern Thinking! lol lol lol

See, that's what I get for ....:eek:

Well, we don't allow them to be parked on lawns or on lawns in the parks or in the town square but if its got a street, you can drive on it. If you are crazy enough to take a nice vintage car over the dirt roads, have at it too.
The car culture started a looooong time ago. ;) :D

Regards,

J

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I believe Carter has an idea that our town is going to be Gotham City! I believe our town will have down town area, with nice parks and recreation areas. We’d also have rural areas where farming will occur. I feel that since there is a limited number of people who want to live in a place such as this, there wouldn’t be any problem with emissions or pollution in the regards of automobiles. Our town wouldn’t have a smog cloud hanging over it… nor would it have any chance at creating a hole of it’s own in the ozone… I say for those who want a car, buy one, for those who don’t, don’t buy one… we want to live in the golden age when cars were new… so, there’s no boundaries! I want open fields where people can picnic, pull their cars right onto the grass fields and set up a nice camp! Just like we see in old photos! The automobile is as American as apple pie!

I’m sure the cost of operation of a vintage car and owner ship of such will limit ownership… depending on what car it is of course ;)

JP, we’ll have suppliers that will offer good prices and quality tiers. A radial will be approved as long as it looks correct… no wide radials please!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
If you are crazy enough to take a nice vintage car over the dirt roads, have at it too.
The car culture started a looooong time ago. ;) :D

Regards,

J

If you recall, most of the roads in the 20's to the 50's here in CA were dirt! I drive my car on dirt roads now and again... whenever I visit my friend out in Redlands!

I say we'll have plenty of fruit orchards... always nice to take a drive out to the country and pick apples or oranges depending on the season! ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:
I say whosoever wish to own an auto, it must be pre 1958! We gotta think Cuba on this :D lol
We'd have top restoration shops, also mechanics who fabricate parts on site for any make and model for any year up to '57 or so. We'd have deals struck with Coker tire to distribute quality rubber bias ply tires for our autos.
Also, a few gas stations that look just like this Associated station.
8301.jpg

Now that is a fillin' station!!!:D

OK, pre-1958 is the cut-off, right?

Now FM needs to start a Vintage Gas Station thread! :D

Forgotten Man said:
If you recall, most of the roads in the 20's to the 50's here in CA were dirt! I drive my car on dirt roads now and again... whenever I visit my friend out in Redlands!

I say we'll have plenty of fruit orchards... always nice to take a drive out to the country and pick apples or oranges depending on the season! ;)

I can just picture The Brick four wheeling it through an orchard now. FM, what out for that tree.......!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:
Yeah, '58 is the cut off! ;) And anything before that is kosher! Even a 1910 model or what heve ya! :D

A vintage gaststion thread eh? Maybe I'll just do that... good idea Carter!:eusa_clap

I'll start rounding up some photos. :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I can just picture The Brick four wheeling it through an orchard now. FM, what out for that tree.......!

You have no idea where I have taken that car... ;) Good thing she can't speak for her self... lol

I think I'd have a nice 30's truck for goin' to the orchards... and fill up a mess of old wood crates of fresh fruit for the season!

Mmmmm, I could just smell that apple pie and taste fresh orange juice right now! :D

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
It was already too late by the time I mentioned it. The tree is in the hospital on life support.:p

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!lol James, you're TOO MUCH FOR WORDS!!! The tree is in the hospital on life support... :p oh you kidder!

For those who may not know, Mr. Powers refers to my classic '46 Plymouth as "The Brick" because it only has a 100hp flat head 6 and not a juicy V8 of his choice:rolleyes: lol

It's not a brick, it's perfect for cruisin' down the street! ;)

Forgotten Man said:
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!lol James, you're TOO MUCH FOR WORDS!!! The tree is in the hospital on life support... :p oh you kidder!

For those who may not know, Mr. Powers refers to my classic '46 Plymouth as "The Brick" because it only has a 100hp flat head 6 and not a juicy V8 of his choice:rolleyes: lol

Actually its The Brick because its big, heavy and slooooow. ;) :p 0-60 in five minutes. lol lol
Poor tree got hit by a brick. It will never be the same with that big hole through it. :eusa_doh: :p

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Actually its The Brick because its big, heavy and slooooow. ;) :p 0-60 in five minutes. lol lol
Poor tree got hit by a brick. It will never be the same with that big hole through it. :eusa_doh: :p

It's not slow, it's a cruiser-mobile ;) it just likes to take it’s time, see and it ain't big compared to the 50's land yachts ya mug!:p

Oh, there will be a 15mph speed limit within the down town area! And outer speed limits on the open roads will be set at 45mph!;) So, my "Brick" as James calls it will be a hopped up speed queen by those speed limits! lol

cowboy76

Suspended
jamespowers said:
Agreed until you got to Coker. I prefer Diamond Back classic radials. They last about three times longer than Coker's and cost much less. :D

They cost much less because they do not garuntee their tires like Coker does,..I know because i was going to go with Diamondback untill I asked them about their garuntee....its lousy. Coker offers tire insurance that runs $10 bucks a tire,...they replaced the tires if anything happens to them. Cokers are also made in America, I'm not sure about Diamondbacks,...they may be as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou