Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Maybe we need different neighborhoods for different eras. It could make for some entertaining instructions to visitors from the old coots hanging around at the railroad station: YESSAH, YOU TURN LEFT ONTO 1913 AVENUE, GO UP PAST THE BLACKSMITH AND THE CORSET SHOP, TURN RIGHT ONTO 1939 PAST THAT STREAMLINE CLOCK THING ON THE SIDEWALK, AN UP THE ALLEY INTO 1955. IF YOU SEE EDSELS YOU GONE TOO FAR.

lol lol lol I could see that.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I Love Lizzie's idea!

What years shall be represented?

1905 - New Century.
1915 - WWI.
1925 - Roaring Twenties.
1933 - Heart of the Depression.
1942 - WWII.
1950 - Postwar Prosperity.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
You'll find me living on 1937 Street, the Peak of American Culture.

As far as being armed is concerned, they'll take away my Flit gun when they pry my cold dead hands from around the handle.

FLIT_gun-blog.jpg

Last edited:

tbrunke

Familiar Face
Also, I was thinking about this on my way to work this morning, it would be a good idea for the Corporation to establish Web Hosting so that the local small businesses can engage in eCommerce. Remember we need to bring money in from the outside. This may not help the Butcher but the Barber or Beauty Salon can sell hair products, clothier can sell clothes, so on and so forth.

I'm laughing at myself as I'm writing this, because clearly I either need Therapy or I think this is a really great idea.

If you need therapy than I do as well LOL................. We should setup some sort of collection from interested members. I live in Colorado and there is plenty of cheap land east of Denver, and the weather on the front range is great, 300 plus days of sunshine a year!

If you need therapy than I do as well LOL................. We should setup some sort of collection from interested members. I live in Colorado and there is plenty of cheap land east of Denver, and the weather on the front range is great, 300 plus days of sunshine a year!

300 days of sunshine?! That sounds pretty good. I always thought of Colorado as a frozen tundra in winter.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
But what's the temperature on most of those 300 days? During the winter in Juneau, we do not look forward to sunshine as it often means a drop in the temperature... the clouds trap the heat or some sort of thing.

I have to be honest, everytime I read this thread, I just love the idea of being able to drive down the road in a DeSoto or something of the like, while wearing a fedora, and nobody thinking anything of it.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Hum - I think I might need a Commonwealth enclave for those who are polite and prefer to be very much unarmed. Something a fair distance from all the gunsel's. Afterall - a gun ruins the line of ones suit!

That's a good idea. And we could force everybody to drive on the left side of the road (at gunpoint).

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
In the Commonwealth part of town, will prices and such be calculated in pounds, shillings and pence? If we went out for dinner and got our bill, would it look something like this?

Lemonade - 1/2d.
Fish & Chips - 2/4.
Apple pie + Cream x 2 - 4/-

Total - 6/4, ha'penny.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner