Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlaw's schott 6141HH

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
I decided to make a thread for possibly my favorite and somewhat rare leather jacket.

Tale of the tape:

-It's a schott 6141HH
-made of horsehide
-with a zip out liner and a small Inside cell phone Pocket
-A vintage closer fitting cut than the regular 141s

I got that jacket off the net in 2010 for a bargain price of 550$ (should have picked up a second one or a 689h back then) The jacket have got some wear time but never enough to my taste due to crazy weather.
Patina is developing slowly, due to limited wear and the thickness of the leather. This jacket feels like a suit of armor. It is my go to jacket, it's versatile and gets compliments all the time.

Here are some pictures:

I have yet to take good fit pictures, I will oblige when weather get more approriate.

Last edited:

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Lovely jacket! If the top picture was taken recently, you certainly haven't worn it a lot in the past dew years! Are the three jackets in the last picture all yours? I love the brown one.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Yes they are all mine. The pictures are all when the jacket was brand new, I will add recent picture to this thread as soon as possible. The Brown one is a custom vanson Logan X1 jacket. A copy of the jacket Dougray Scott was supposed to wear as wolverine in Xmen before pulling out of the movie. The color is actually the once elusive MI9 leather. It is a very nice color and give octogon a run for its money.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Here are some pictures of the patina of the jacket:

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Very nice example of the cafe racer type. The beauty of these lies in their simplicity of design, which is where the best of them really shine. I like the buckles on the side straps.

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Very nice example of the cafe racer type. The beauty of these lies in their simplicity of design, which is where the best of them really shine. I like the buckles on the side straps.

Thanks Edward! The older I get, the more I prefer simplicity. I used to be a perfecto guy...

Edward

Bartender
Thanks Edward! The older I get, the more I prefer simplicity. I used to be a perfecto guy...

Heh, I still am.... but they're neither the most flexible nor subtle of designs... There was a time when a Perfecto was the only jacket I ever wanted; it was, in fact, the desire for something less "statement" to wear to the office that put me on the track to really appreciating other styles in leather. I did own a US-made cafe racer in much this style, though not quite as nice as the Schott, for a couple of years, eventually selling it on to part-pay for my first Aero. The interesting thing about the cafe racer is that it's so timeless - much like a wool peacoat or a cotton Harrington, they've been around for so long, so constantly that they're pretty much timeless.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Schott do a unique collar snap design on their cafe racers and I've never been quite sure how I feel about the look. It has its collar flap snapped back and it's made of a thinner strip of leather that is stitched on top of the actual collar itself. It actually looks kind of busy and clunky compared to the simplicity of rest of the jacket.

Here's a closer look.

Cafe_Racer-_details_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't sure about this collar design too until I got my Schott CR. I don't know, maybe it was because getting that jacket was one of the best deals I've made (probably), but I rather liked the look of it. Vanson's Model A collar, which is a classic CR collar, seemed so boring afterwards...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's fair. Taste is a personal thing. I like Schott a lot. I have a cafe racer by them with a more streamlined collar. It also has thinner leather, which is my preference. In this climate my preference is for leather no thicker than 2.5oz. Curiously my favourite vintage cafe racers, Brooks and Brimaco are thin leather, probably 2oz. I have no interest in motorbikes so for me: perfect.

Last edited:

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
personally I like the collar on the 6141h. It's distinctive detail that separate it from all other CF. I agree on 2.5 oz being the better leather for casual wear.

Edward

Bartender
Schott do a unique collar snap design on their cafe racers and I've never been quite sure how I feel about the look. It has its collar flap snapped back and it's made of a thinner strip of leather that is stitched on top of the actual collar itself. It actually looks kind of busy and clunky compared to the simplicity of rest of the jacket.

Here's a closer look.

View attachment 17007

The cafe racer I had had a slightly simpler arrangement, but largely the same idea, with one side being longer than the other, and you could either wear the tab hanging loose (I always kinda liked the look of that, myself), or snap it back on itself. If memoery serves, it snapped by folding it round and back in on the inside, rather than on the front. Handy little device. I imagine it would probably be a bonus if you wanted to wear the collar open on a bike, though I was never out on one in that particular jacket myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic