Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 100 Vintage Fedoras

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Comments have been very helpful. Thank you to all. Taking pictures isn't a strong point of mine but after looking at other pics and the importance of stitching and labels etc I will start with one of a PIETRO FRATELLI & CA. It's a grey felt. 7,3/8. Black Band. Leather sweat band. On the size tag it reads 316. Not sure if that is significant. This has never been worn. Please let me know if there would be other shots that would be helpful.
I never came accross the Pietro Fratelli & Ca. From the stamp on the lining it looks like a brand made especially for the American market. I would like to see in particular the print on the lining to understand from what awards the origin of the hat could be. If there's a paper tag somewhere under the sweatband, send me a photograph it might be useful to understand, if possible with the others interiors of the Pietro Fratelli & Ca hats you have. There are others Italians brands as well as Borsalino? Thanks

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
That sweatband looks a lot like the one I just bought
1247818dad760d8586d552841ce9b982.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Ivano

One of the Regulars
These are pics of 6 Vanity Fedoras. 1 Dark brown size 7.
2 pinkish color...a 7 and 7,1/4. These three are fur.
Then the 3 light tan color. These are the ones that say Vanity New York. 2 at 6,7/8 and 1 at 6,3/4.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 243
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    831.9 KB · Views: 257

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Everyone is going to be thrilled with these hats. Dr Max is giving good advice here - some of these should command quite a fair premium.

All the best,
Daniel

By the way, I recently bought a gray Borsalino very much like the one in one of your pictures. It is the same color, without a liner, and with the same sweatband. I paid $590 for it on eBay. Daniele Tanto, our Borsalino expert, opined it was from the 1920s or 30s. Competition was fierce for it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Ivano

One of the Regulars
These 4 represent the largest hats that I have. All are size 7,1/2. I have 2 called the Tower by Butler Redmond, 1 by Boulter of Montreal and Winnepeg and the lighter color is a Borsalino. The tag under the sweat band has the following: 16123...45862 Nichel...Flora.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.5 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 271
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260

Ivano

One of the Regulars
I'm sure you would have no problem selling them on the Lounge. I'd love to see anything you have in 7-1/2. For instance this one:

image-jpeg.140861

What more can you tell me about it? Brand/model? Photos of the interior?

Thanks,

Bob
I just posted this one you spotted yesterday. It's a Borsalino.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Ivano,

Maybe you are looking for specific advice on how to sell these hats? I can give you my two cents if you are swamped with offers and are concerned about pricing, etc. Please forgive me if my answer is too basic; fellow Loungers please let me know if I am at least headed in the right direction.

First Option:

1) Take pictures of the hats as you have, paying special attention to the liners, sweats, and crests and any tags under the sweats.

2) Register as a seller on eBay. Set up a PayPal account. Post the hats for sale on eBay, listing them by brand and size. You can choose any starting price, I personally recommend a square $100.

3) Include a "best offer" option to take an offer from someone you know, like a friendly fellow Fedora Lounger.

4) Post a link to the sale on the Fedora Loung classified section.

PS Try this for one hat. See how it goes, then sell more of them with better feedback and experience.

It helps generate attention if you know the decade the hat was made, and the demand for the brand, model, and quality, etc. To get that info you can search and read a ton of threads here on the lounge, or some nice folks here might help in a private message or two to give you a hand. Answer some of these messages for some input; not to be super, super basic, but those private messages are in the envelope with a number in the top right hand corner of this page (some folks miss the notifications).

Second option, probably less certain:

1) Set up a PayPal account.

2) Post the hats individually on the classifieds with what you think is a fair price.

I hope that is a little helpful, again my apologies if I included what you already know.

All the best,
Daniel

Last edited:

Ivano

One of the Regulars
How do we go about buying them? Daniel. Thanks for this. I was not sure if I was posting answers on the main forum or if only individuals were seeing everything. The above is very helpful. I plan to keep putting pics out there for next few days and then try to get a few moving. It’s a lot of hats so trying to figure out a System

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ivano,

Maybe you are looking for specific advice on how to sell these hats? I can give you my two cents if you are swamped with offers and are concerned about pricing, etc. Please forgive me if my answer is too basic; fellow Loungers please let me know if I am at least headed in the right direction.

First Option:

1) Take pictures of the hats as you have, paying special attention to the liners, sweats, and crests and any tags under the sweats.

2) Register as a seller on eBay. Set up a PayPal account. Post the hats for sale on eBay, listing them by brand and size. You can choose any starting price, I personally recommend a square $100.

3) Include a "best offer" option to take an offer from someone you know, like a friendly fellow Fedora Lounger.

It helps generate attention if you know the decade the hat was made, and the demand for the brand, model, and quality, etc. To get that info you can search and read a ton of threads here on the lounge, or some nice folks here might help in a private message or two to give you a hand. Answer some of these messages for some input; not to be super, super basic, but those private messages are in the envelope with a number in the top right hand corner of this page (some folks miss the notifications).

2) Post the hats individually on the classifieds with what you think is a fair price.

I hope that is a little helpful, again my apologies if I included what you already.

All the best,
Daniel
Ivano,

First Option:

I hope that is a little helpful, again my apologies if I included what you already.

All the best,
Daniel

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Ebay hits you with fees, which add up quick.

I'd recommend openong a PayPal, starting a classified thread and posting there with a price. Serious buyers may pay your asking, or may offer a little less, but it would be up to you to sell or not. vs Ebay, where if you dont put a reserve it can sell for whatever, and if you add a reserve, you are charged more on top of your final sale fees

just my $.02

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ivano

One of the Regulars
Ebay hits you with fees, which add up quick.

I'd recommend openong a PayPal, starting a classified thread and posting there with a price. Serious buyers may pay your asking, or may offer a little less, but it would be up to you to sell or not. vs Ebay, where if you dont put a reserve it can sell for whatever, and if you add a reserve, you are charged more on top of your final sale fees

just my $.02

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
This makes sense to me. My wife will search the threads tomorrow to determine how to ship these as well. We have a few original boxes but will need a better solution

Ivano

One of the Regulars
image.jpeg
THE STETSON OFFERINGS
I think is all of them. Yesterday I posted the largest hats I had which were 7,1/2. In the Stetsons I found a 7,5/8. It's the brown one on the left.
The light grey at the top is a size 7 weather weight. The other brown is a 6,7/8 Premier.
The three on the bottom are Standard Quality. 2 at size 7,1/8 and 7,3/8.
I am looking forward to your ideas regarding the age of these.
It would appear that these were made at a Stetson Plant in Brockville Ontario that Stetson bought from the Wolthausen Hat Corp Ltd. It's not clear to me if Wolthausen was the Original Factory Owner.
Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Ivano

One of the Regulars
Here are the closer shots

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    956.8 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg