Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 100 Vintage Fedoras

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
It's a simple derivative, but no definitions of Q and P. Quality and Price?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
where P is the price of the demanded good and Q is the quantity of the demanded good.

This should help.

24df82d7f8db439aff2d117ff436a34c.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sheez....no need to go off on a tangent!

where P is the price of the demanded good and Q is the quantity of the demanded good.

This should help.

24df82d7f8db439aff2d117ff436a34c.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, a graph with no relation to the equation. Makes it crystal clear! [emoji16]

Sheez....no need to go off on a tangent!

Now you're just being hyperbolic, B!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
"And we may say generally:— the elasticity (or responsiveness) of demand in a market is great or small according as the amount demanded increases much or little for a given fall in price, and diminishes much or little for a given rise in price"

Ivano

One of the Regulars
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have 3 more sets of pics tonight of a few names that may be recognizable to the loungers. These are the Biltmores. I have been reading lounge info since Saturday. Tomorrow I will experiment with steaming a hat. I have tried on every hat that fits. I like 3 but not sure they will form part of the on going wardrobe but if they do it will be as a result of my exposure this week to the FL.
I want to thank the loungers who have messaged me and shared their knowledge and experience. It has been enlightening to say the least.

Ivano

One of the Regulars
The party absolutely will start. I have a day job that requires that I travel and I have been on the road... I have been private messaging those who have had specific requests like seeing what I have in certain sizes. I have counted and sorted all that we have. 132 all totalled. 6 of which are unidentifiable because the insides are totally or partially missing. These all also amongst the larger sizes. In addition I have been practising shaping the hats so they will look great in the pictures. I cam confirmed that all but roughly 10 have never been worn. The last bit of work I have been doing is the research piece so that I can accurately date the hats which I think is important to the FL’ers they are true collectors. I’m narrowing it down by manufacturer. I have two names (Kensington) and (Pietro Fratelli) that I have not been able to find out anything about at all. I will be back home Wednesday and will get pics out to those who have asked.

the_imperialist

One of the Regulars
I'd be interested to see if you manage to dig up anything on Kensington - I have a stratoliner clone made by them but have had no luck hunting any down and information on the brand.

Oh and another 7 1/4 who's keen to see what you have as well ...:)

Ivano

One of the Regulars
Many of the Stetson followers likely know this but the Philadelphia Stetson factory was located in the Kensington area of Philly. Have to wonder if Kensington was a discount label?

Ivano

One of the Regulars
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
In the next couple posts I will show the only 7,1/2's that I have in the collection. I didn't measure brims or or crowns but can if you need me to. I found an odd one that I took a pic of as well for fun.

Ivano

One of the Regulars
The black one with the very tall crown is a smithbilt. No model name and no other markings to try and date. From the ones above the odd ball has been worn but is great shape. The next 3 have never been worn. The smithbilt has been worn and the sweat band is dry...not yet brittle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,282
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,288
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    903.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg