Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Painting Question - help needed!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with finding out who painted this particular painting - I saw it in a shop (a copy of course!) - perhaps in NYC - and fell in love with it but have no idea who painted it.

It's now in the latest Kleenex commercial - it's 3 seconds in hanging over the fireplace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrXymur2KTc

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

MikePotts

Practically Family
Do you remember anything else about her Holly? I thought I knew a little about art but she's not ringing any bells, From the video at first I thought she was Japanese performing the tea ceremony but that isn't really her ethicity I think. Maybe the nice folks at Kleenex can help :)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Hey Mike - the only thing I can think of is that her hair/clothing looked kind of early 60's- her hair is some kind of beehive do, the background was a kind of pale coffee colour and there were some splashes of pink. I can't remember if her features are Asian or not - wish I had been paying more attention but I think I was busy getting in some more sightseeing!

I really hope she is familiar to someone!:)

davidraphael

Practically Family
Hm. hard to tell from such a small image. It could be one of Tretchikoff's paintings of Asian women from the early 70s, though his images are usually more colourful.
Would need to see a bigger image.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Hm. hard to tell from such a small image. It could be one of Tretchikoff's paintings of Asian women from the early 70s, though his images are usually more colourful.
Would need to see a bigger image.

SOLVED! I was trying to think of Tretchikoff's name and couldn't so I looked him up this morning through Google images and after a couple of pages finally discovered the one I was after:

"Saw Ohn Nyun" by Sir Gerald Kelly

4321726988_329ba2b14e.jpg

He seems to have painted her several times - going to check further in his work when I get a moment:

630281.jpg

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW